Flash Back Of Truth |37|

Start from the beginning

"But what if I wake up and nobody even knows Where they at. Then what would I do?" I trailed off.

"Trust me. Somebody knows.. just wake up and you'll know the answer" he said.

"Will I ever get to see you again if I do wake up?" I asked.

"In your dreams when you sleep. I have to go now okay? When you meet your parents, be easy on them. Please Kimani, I love you" he said.

"...I love you too" I replied then he disappeared in front of me and then I started to disappear my own self.

~~~~~~~

I fluttered my eyes open and saw Jacy just on his phone. I was in the hospital and attached to a bunch of machines with my body aching in pain.

"Jacy.." my dry voice whispered.

He looked up and walked towards me and smiled. "Damn girl, you go to Vegas and start getting into car crashes and shit. What's gotten into you" he chuckled.

I tried to chuckle back but it started to hurt when I did that. "Nah for real though, I'm glad your okay. When Sage told me that a whole 18 wheeler truck hit you. I almost shit on myself.. I sped over here so fast, I almost got in a accident too" he smiled.

"Well I'm glad you ain't in the same condition I'm in right now" I smiled back.

"Tuh, I rather take yo place right now. You don't even got a single broken bone" he said observing me.

"Two of my fingers are broken, what are you talking about" I told him.

"You know what I mean girl, I'm just trynna lighten the mood. You got a few stitches and cuts here and there but nothing major broke" he said looking back up at me.

I slowly nodded my head. There was a moment of silence and he spoke.

"Sage told me what went on before you got in the crash..." he trailed off.

I let out a sigh. "Yea, I just can't believe that my parents lied to me this entire time about them dying. Who does that to their kids" I went on.

"Mani, don't even stress about that right now. That's their fuck up, I know it's hard not to think about it but it stressed you out so much that you nearly died" he said.

"I guess your right, all that matters is that I'm okay and sage right now. Anyway, how's my car?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Now you worried about your car, well ima just put it like this. I'm gonna get a new slower, car, cause giving you that mustang wasn't a good idea" he answered.

"Dang, the car got wrecked that bad?" I asked.

"Well you did get hit by a big ass truck so I would think the car would get fucked up but maybe now, I'll get you a Tesla or some shit" he laughed.

"A Tesla would be nice" I smiled.

"I know it'll be." He replied.

"Thank you for coming all this way. You didn't have to just for me"

"Woah woah woah, don't even say that. I did have to come, you like my best friend, why would I miss out on some shit like this" he said.

That made me smile and then sage, Yahir and Celeste has walked in and my smile kind of faded away.

Jacy rubbed my hand and went back to sit down while Sage and Yahir came up beside me.

"I'm glad your up Kimani" Sage said softly.

"Yea, I'm glad yo ass up to" Yahir added.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for going off on y'all back at the house, I was just in denial" I replied.

"You cool, I know if I was you, I wouldn't of believed it either." Yahir said.

"So do you know where they at?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "They're somewhere off in Louisiana. But when I found that out, I was 20 and I didn't bother finding them so I moved to Paris. So they could've moved but I don't know" he answered.

I needed some answers, you can't pick and choose when you want you kids and that's exactly what they did. Something dinged in my head that I have to find them and get some type of insight of what they were thinking.

"Okay good. When I'm out of here, I'm catching the first flight out there" I said.

"No mani, you can't do that." Sage said.

"And why the fuck I can't?" I questioned.

"In this time that I've known you. I noticed you have a short temper, I know that our parents must've had their own deeper reasons on this" she answered.

I kissed my teeth. "They are alive sage. I need answers on why they did it cause they had their own alternatives when they got pregnant with us. For example, Yahir, if they were so young and couldn't take care of you, they had 24 weeks of you being developed in her stomach and in that time? She could've aborted you. For me? They had 9 months until I was born to get they fucking money straight and sage you had it all set and perfect for you so I can't even speak on you too much" I explained.

"I understand what your sayin mani, I'm equally mad at them as you are but seeing them probably won't do nothing but let them tell more lies so we won't be as mad at them" Yahir said.

"I'm not even bout to listen to y'all right now, I'm going to see them and if you wanna come then catch a flight with me but if your not then shut up and don't even try to talk me out of this." I said finishing up the conversation.

I saw them let out a sigh. "Ight Bro, I'm going with you" Yahir spoke.

Sage looked at him in disbelief. "Yahir? What?" She said.

"I'm just as mad as she is right now sage. I'm their first born, you don't do your first born child like this" he said shaking his head.

She shook her head and gave in. "Fine. I'll go with y'all" she admitted.

"Good. Like I said we'll leave as soon as I recover from here" I said.

He nodded his head. "The three of us finna go home now, we gone be back tomorrow" he continued.

I said okay then they left and it was only Jacy and I in the room.

"You really boutta go to Louisiana?" He asked.

"I have to" I said.

"Then I'm comin with you too" he said.

"No, you actually have to stay in California. You have yo own life, don't come okay? I want you to focus on you and we still not even supposed to be talking right now" I said.

"But I-... Ight mani" he said letting it go.

Ugh, I need to recover fast cause I'm ready to see my parents after all these years and get some answers.