Chapter 5

„Pssshhh", you whispered at a few servants and added in a low voice, "You're being too loud. You will wake him up."

"I'm sorry Your Highness", one servant murmured back and ducked his head.

Right now you and a handful of servants were standing in front of Kuzco's bedroom. It was still early in the morning and according to the staff working in the palace, it was the time when Kuzco woke up. The moment the sun rose. 

Now I bet you're wondering why you're up so early in the morning and in front of your fiancé's bedroom. And why you aren't a llama yet. Well, let me explain.

After your small argument yesterday you spend the rest of the day alone in your room again where you got finally a chance to think about everything and most importantly your fiancé.

Even though you were irritated about his attitude and how he couldn't see the wrong in his actions, you couldn't stay angry at him for a long time. After all, this is probably how he grew up and was raised.

His words from before came to your mind.

~"I know I'm the Emperor sweetie, I was one already I couldn't even talk yet."~

Well minus the first part.

Becoming the king of a country meant that the last one died or disappeared. And in this case, it was probably Kuzco's parents who ruled the country. And if he became the Emperor by such a young age where he didn't even learn to talk yet, it meant he lived his whole life without them.

You weren't a psychologist but you assumed that doing whatever he wanted and getting stuff he desired even if it was completely unnecessary, was probably a coping mechanism for a missing source of love and happiness. And if Yzma was the one who took care of him then...well, she's not the best influence.

The longer you thought about that the more your anger vanished and was replaced with sadness and pity. Of course, your life hasn't been easy either, but at least you had a loving family who helped you through every problem. However thinking about your family and how you wouldn't be able to see them again, you only became sadder until you collapsed on your bed crying.

You didn't know how long you were in this state or when you calmed down but eventually a servant came into your room and informed you that it's time for dinner and the Emperor would be waiting already. You really weren't in the mood for dinner right now but since it was that dinner where Yzma poisoned Kuzco and turned him into a llama, you thought you couldn't miss that since you wanted to be part of the adventure later and help Kuzco and Pacha. And it would lift your mood seeing him as a llama. So you pulled yourself together and followed the servant to one of the dining halls.

Once you entered the room you quickly noticed it wasn't the one from the movie. And there were no signs of Yzma and Kronk. What was happening?

"Finally you're there", Kuzco waved you over to the table and the servant guided you to your seat, which was just across the about 5-meter long dining table. "The hungry king of the world wants to eat finally."

You sat down slowly on your chair. "It's just the two of us?", you tried to ask and be as least suspicious as you could be.

"Yeah. Who else is supposed to be here?", the Emperor returned the question playing with a fork in one hand.

"I, uh, just thought it was a bit lonely for only two people in such a huge dining hall", you covered up. Damn you really should consider becoming an actress if none of your future plans work out.