Part 14

The next two days were tense, everybody in the DA was getting better at fighting but Nico could only wonder how many they would lose. The mist didn't work well in Hogwarts so they would all see the monster's gruesome forms. How many would panic? How many would freeze? He didn't need to wonder much longer, the monsters were so close that the demigods could feel them approaching.

They had told the DA, today. Today, all the monsters would come. They were sitting at dinner when the demigods felt it. Percy grabbed Harry's arm and whispered, wide-eyed, "Now!" And the doors burst open.

Empusai, Dracaena, a few drakons, telekhines(Idk how to spell most of these, bare with me), and dozens more came running in. The demigods were immediately up with their weapons in-hand. Everybody was staring at them as they cut monsters down one after another.

"Fight!" Percy roared and everybody in the DA pulled out their clumsily concealed weapons, charging meekly into battle. Everybody not in on the secret stared at them in shock. Some ignorant wizards tried casting spells, most of the time, they rebounded and struck other wizards.

There were Death Eaters mixed into the chaos, too. Percy had a hard time cutting them down but Nico had a better grasp on reality. Sometimes, it's either kill or get killed and Percy was wired that way. Thalia avoided killing anything that wasn't a monster, but if she had to, she would.
The doors burst open again and Hagrid came in roaring. He had gleaming, celestial bronze armor with a giant, imperial gold, broadsword sword. He swung it, taking down a half-dozen monsters in a matter of seconds. The rest of the monsters retreated quickly. Once they were all gone, deafening silence rung through the hall. Nico's face split into a relieved grin when no bodies lay on the ground, the Death Eaters lost many but their bodies were dragged away. What made Nico smile was that no wizards lost their lives. The demigods cheered and it was soon taken up by everybody, even those not in the DA. Some of them had grabbed a monster's fallen weapon and joined the DA in slicing them down. Dumbledore cleared his throat and the cheering died down slowly.

"I would like to thank Percy, Nico, and Thalia for teaching the wizards how to fight off those monsters. We would not have won without them." More cheers, "And I would also like to thank Hagrid, who may have turned this battle for us." Cheers erupted even louder than before and Hagrid beamed.

"Would you like to say anything?" Dumbledore asked them, Nico nodded, stepping up.

"This is a win but it is not victory. We have won the battle but there is still a war. Voldemort will attack again and I think we need to bring in reinforcements. We can bring in more from our camp because they know how to fight and we can win." More cheers.

Nico reveled in the victory and asked Dumbledore about calling more from camp. He agreed so they made a few calls.

"O' Fleecy, do me a solid, show me Reyna with the Hunters of Artemis."(Because Reyna joined the Hunt, remember?) A watery image of Reyna appeared.

"Nico! I heard about your quest." She said. Nico smiled.

"We need help. There's a war going on and Voldemort is more powerful than I gave him credit for, he has Greek monsters at his disposal and I was wondering if you could get Frank and Hazel and come to help." Reyna smiled and nodded.

"How are you enjoying the Hunt?" Nico asked. Reyna grinned.

"It's wonderful. I love it. I didn't realize I needed an escape until I got one. With Jason and everything . . ." She trailed off sadly. Nico nodded.

"Anyway, I'm on it." She said and swiped a hand through the connection. He threw another drachma into the rainbow in the prefect's bathroom and made another call.