Part 1

Nico woke suddenly, a sinking feeling in his gut. His center of gravity shifted and he was on his feet, stumbling and falling.

"Ow." He mumbled. He rubbed his eyes and looked up, Hades and Hecate were standing — well, Hades sitting on a throne — giving him critical looks. Nico recognized the room as his father's palace in the Underworld.

"We have a quest for you." Hades boomed.

Of course. Nico thought. Why would his rotten luck change now?

Hecate nodded solemnly.

"I need you to save my Pet World." Nico gave her a confused look and she sighed slightly.

"The Wizards." She said. Nico nodded. His father had told him about it long before. Nico was always the first to know something. The Romans and now the Wizards. Not many people knew, but he was the first to know about the Norse and the Egyptians. 

"Save them from what?" She grimaced.

"I need you to protect Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley; The Golden Trio." She said. Nico resisted the urge to groan, opting instead to not get disintegrated by a powerful goddess.

"Alright." He drawled.

"Good!" She clapped her hands together, "I have something to give you then." She pulled a long, silver chain out of her long robes. It had two crossed torches on it, the symbol of Hecate.

"This will give you the knowledge you need. Nothing too deep, but it will help you blend in." Nico sucked in a breath and exhaled slowly.

"Okay." He said shortly, reaching for the chain. She pulled it back at the last minute.

"One more thing," she said, "You'll find an old friend there, too."

"What-" He was cut off by Hecate shoving the necklace into his hand and disappearing. He laced it around his neck and it tingled with power. Hades looked down at him.

"Don't disappoint me." He said shortly and Nico started fading into the shadows.