The next thing that came with it was a dirty, resounding slap.

Ajiro slapped Nini.

"Ajiro!" I screamed.

With that, I saw myself running towards her and charging like a wounded animal. Nini was on the floor crying and putting her palm to the area on her face Ajiro had slapped.

As I got to Ajiro, I pushed her with everything I had in me - every strength I could gather up. Surprisingly, she barely moved back. Painfully still, when she pushed me back, I saw myself flying back like there was some kind of super natural force behind her push. I landed on the ground with a thump sound and my back hit against it very painfully.

That was when all the giggling started. The girls who couldn't stand up to me a while ago were now using this as an advantage. They were now all laughing at the scene.

I wriggled on the floor, my whole body in pain as I tried to stand up from the ground. The best I could do was sit up against the wall. I looked up at Ajiro now and she had an evil sneer on her face.

What was I even thinking?

Ajiro was basically twice or three times my size. I couldn't possibly take her down.

"You this Giwa. You think say you be mad girl, abi? I fit use one hand beat you scatter!!" Ajiro swore at me. Her classmates erupted in laughter at what she said.

Ajiro kept smiling now. Ofcourse, this was her turn to shine. This was the entire Class F's turn to shine. I looked stupid on the floor as I persistently struggled to get back on my feet.

Nini still sat there looking at me and crying, waiting for her big sister to save her.

And at that point, I felt weak. I felt like the loser. I couldn't do anything to help Nini. I couldn't do anything to defend even myself.

This was a total mess.

"It's so fun seeing the almighty Giwa struggling to even get on her feet from the floor!" One of the girls in the class mocked, causing the entire class to erupt in a second round of deafening laughter.

The tears welled up in my eyes. I couldn't stand being here. I couldn't stand not being able to protect my sister.

And like the wimp I had portrayed myself to be in front of these Class F girls, when I did stand up from the ground, I ran out of the class in tears - leaving my little sister behind.

I ran through the slightly empty hallway, making sure to avoid everyone that was there from seeing my face as I cried. As soon as I reached my empty class, I went straight to my locker desk and cried my eyes out.

I couldn't even do anything to save Nini. Poor girl counted on her big sister but I just made a fool of myself. Only God knows what on Earth they're going to do to my sister in that class.

Well, I spent a good amount of time alone in class crying about it.

"Giwa Falade" I heard a warm, grown-up voice call.

I looked up from my desk to see Charlie Ba, the Physics teacher (Mr. Charles Bassey), standing there in front of the class with his hands on the front seat. I had been crying so much that I didn't even notice him walking inside the class.

Mr. Charles Bassey had a sober look on his face and after calling my name and having me respond, he turned to the door of the class and I saw Ivandor Fejaun, walking in. I squinted as I saw who Ivandor was holding beside him.

It was Nini.

It really was her. She was still crying so much as Ivandor held her hand.

"Nini!" I screamed, getting up from my seat and rushing to hug her. As Nini cried into me, I kept whispering "it's okay" to her, over and over.