Visit

Hinata pov

I was almost home after a long practice. I saw my house and left my bike by the door. I went in and saw my dad sitting at the table.

"Hey dad what's up?" I asked and he looked up at me.

"Shoyo I need you to come home right after school tomorrow," dad said.

"What? But what about Volleyball practice?" I asked.

"You're going to have to miss it. Your Grandfather is coming for dinner so I need you home at a decent time," dad said. I froze. Grandfather was coming for dinner. This wasn't good. My Grandfather was really strict with me. My family is really rich and my dad is my Grandfather's first son, so usually that would make him the heir. But for some reason when I was a baby Grandfather decided that I would be the heir. My Grandfather then basically controlled my life until I was about 11 years old, after my mother died, at that point my Dad finally stood up for my sister and me and we moved away. I don't remember a lot of the time before we moved, my Dad said it could be because I was traumatized, but I am not so sure. My Grandfather at first visited every week to make sure I was keeping up to his standards, but that slowly lessened and he hasn't visited us nearly in a year.

I was nervous because whenever Grandfather visited it never turned out well.

"Also I'll be picking you up after school so you aren't all sweaty," Dad said. I just nodded my head. I went upstairs and laid on my bed looking at the ceiling. I did not want tomorrow to come. I just laid there for who knows how long. A heard a knock on my door and looked over.

"Sho you need to make sure you have clothes for dinner tomorrow," Dad said through the door. That might sound weird, but I have specific clothes for when Grandfather visits.

I sighed and walked to my closet. My room has a closet and a dresser. My dresser holds my school clothes and everyday wear. But my closet held any clothes or items I might need when my Grandfather visits. I opened my closet and saw three dry cleaners bags in them were two white tie suits and one morning suits. I also had a few formal kimonos and formal Yukatas, along with all their accessories. I also had some white button up shirts and pants hanging up on their own. On the floor were some zori and formal dress shoes.

I was going to lay back down when my door opened and in, walked Natsu.

"What's wrong Natsu?" I asked.

"Ni-San, why is Grandfather coming tomorrow?" Natsu asked.

"I don't know Natsu." I said.

"Will he be mean again?" Natsu asked.

"No and if he tries to, your Ni-San will protect you," I said. Natsu just shook her head.

"No, will he be mean to Ni-San again?" Natsu asked. I froze for a second before getting down on my knees and putting my hands on Natsu's shoulders.

"You don't have to worry about that Natsu. I'm your Ni-San and I'm going to make sure that everything is ok," I said. Natsu nodded and went back to her room. I sighed, closing my door and laid back down. This time I went to sleep.

The next morning my alarm went off and I got up. It was too early for me to get ready to leave because Dad was going to drive me today. So I got up and instead of just taking a shower I also took a nice long bath. Once I was done with my bath I got dressed and grabbed my volleyball bag. I walked downstairs and made some cereal. Once I was done with that I ate an apple. Soon Dad came downstairs.

"You ready to go Sho?" Dad asked.

"Yeah," I grabbed my volleyball bag and school bag following my dad out to the car. We got in and were quiet for the first bit of the drive.