02

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐
“𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬”

× 𝐒𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ×

I smile as Z-team starts to celebrate our victory. We all could feel the frustration of the A-team in the distance, they were obviously upset about the defeat. And, if I may say, they deserved it.

The person below me dropped me and moments later I could already feel my feet on the ground while facing a very angry A-team.

“Uh, the Z-team wins.”, I heard Bucky say with a bored expression.

I knew deep down he was really angry and was trying to cover up his disappointment in his own team, but I didn't say anything.

Instead, I hugged Addison with a huge smile on my face. I looked over her shoulder and saw Bree and Bonzo sharing a similar moment, with their arms around each other.

I moved away from Addison as I watched the mud-covered Aceys approach Bucky from the corner of my eye. The Z-team, including me, ran towards him as he stood next to the cheer camp cup.

The rest of the A-team also approached, more slowly, and a couple of minutes later the team members were all gathered around Bucky and the trophy.

“Aceys... Disappointing! You can't be scared to get those jazz hands dirty!”, Bucky said with an angry tone. He let out a sigh and continued. “Cheer camp cup is yours.”, then he took the cup and handed it to me while my team shouted victory.

I took the cup, which gleamed in the sunlight. It was beautiful, but I couldn't help but sigh at how heavy it was.

“Glad you enjoyed it, now let's make this victory about me.”, Bucky said while taking the heavy cup away from my hands. I rolled my eyes at his self-centeredness.

“I've decided to be school president this year. Now, technically there's elections, but come on.”, the boy let out the most arrogant smile he could and I felt everything inside me turn with anger. Some whispers were heard in the crowd.

“Which means, we'll need a new cheer captain while I rule the school. Who's worthy to lead?”, he finished, making the whispers grow louder.

“Me!”, all the Aceys shouted at the same time and started a discussion between the three of them about who was worthy to lead the cheer team.

I exchanged a look with both of my friends and the two of them nodd at each other, having some sort of telepathic talk.

“No.”, Bree said, getting everyone's attention.

“We need a captain that's gonna build and united squad.”, Addison added.

“Someone like Sophie!”, they said in unison.

“Thanks Bree, thanks Addison.”, I replied, calmly. Being cheer captain has always been my dream.

The Z-team and some members of the A-team started screaming my name. I laughed with them and looked at Bucky.

“Hey, Bucky... Is there any possibility I could run for cheer captain with Addison as my assistant?”, I asked.

“It's possible.”, he replied bitterly.

I turn to Addison with a huge grin in my face and we start to do our very embarrassing cheer choreography that we came up with when we were only seven. (Chapter Gif)

━━━━━━━━ ❪❃❫ ━━━━━━━━ 

We were already on the bus, on our way to Seabrook. The sun was still shining brightly in the sky and not a single cloud could be seen. I was sitting alone next to a window. This time, Addison and Bree were sitting together on the seats behind me.

They were talking about Prawn, so I decided I wouldn't listen to their conversation. I just wanted to enjoy the view, which was difficult because we were surrounded by forest.

The bus was driven by the Shrimp, the cheer team's mascot. While I was watching the trees, I noticed something weird.

I could see a pair of golden glowing eyes in the middle of the dark forest and felt the sudden urge to go out there and meet the owner of those eyes.

I shook my head and when I looked at the forest again, the pair of eyes was gone. My thoughts were interrupted by a squeak from one of the cheerleaders.

“Yes! I got invited to Prawn!”, the person said, while we all started clapping.

Bonzo screamed something in zombie tongue and we looked in the direction he was pointing.

“Addison, will you... Go to the Prawn...”, I smiled. I knew that Zed was going to ask Addison to Prawn today, we were kinda close, so he had told me about this surprise to his girlfriend.

“With...”, everyone continued.

“Zed?!”, Addison shouted as the bus collapsed with Zed's ladder and he fell on the roof of the bus as the Shrimp lost his sense of direction and the bus entered the Forbidden Forest. Screams could be heard around the bus as it shook against a tree.

“Is everybody ok?”, I asked while I got up, trying to remain calm. As soon as I said it, the cheer captain – a.k.a most idiot person alive or just Bucky – ran towards the emergency exit.

“Nothing can happen to me, I'm way to important to die!”, he claimed, falling on the cold ground.

“Everyone, stay calm.”, I said, receiving a smirk from my friends.

“Great leadership Soph. Very future cheer captain of you.”, the brunette said proudly.

In that moment, I remembered the golden glowing eyes I saw earlier. I ran out of the bus and into the woods, not caring about my friends calling my name. I needed to know who was there.

A branch of a tree scraped my arm and I stopped running. Then I heard a howl and looked behind me. “Who's there?!”, I shouted.

I saw a person run quickly from side to side with her claws showing, but quickly disappeared into the darkness of the forest. I looked around again, only to see more people appearing from the shadows.

I heard another howl and turned around. I saw a girl on the top of a rock. She had dark hair and a white streak, just like mine. Her eyes were glowing golden and her necklace was shining in a blue light.

Suddenly, every single person who was there vanished. I looked around, still confused. What had just happen? Why did I feel connected with that people? Who were they?

But I knew exactly the answer. Werewolves.