04

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒
“𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚”

× 𝐖𝐲𝐚𝐭𝐭'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 ×

After picking up a drawing of a weird zombie kid in Zombietown, I went to the access gate of the forbidden forest carefully. I knew I would be punished by my twin sister, Willa, if I was careless and someone followed me.

When I reached a remote part of the forest, I was finally able to meet my pack. Yes, I am a werewolf.

“He's back. Wolves!”, I heard my sister saying as some wolves came out from behind the rocks and formed a circle around me, curious to hear about what was going on in the city.

I hurried to remove Seabrook's construction clothes and the helmet in my head, exposing my regular werewolf clothes and my black hair with some white streaks on top.

One of the pack members stepped forward, opening a small wooden box and placing a necklace with a piece of the moonstone, which was previously inside the box, around my neck, ending the action with an audible "click".

We needed these necklaces because the moonstone, which was originally stolen from us by the settlers of Seabrook, is our source of energy and allows us to transform into werewolves and expand our powers. Without the moonstone, we would die.

The problem is that the moonstone necklaces lose energy and need to be recharged. As we don't know where the settlers hid the original moonstone, this recharge is not possible and most members of our pack have been sick.

Another pack member approached me and painted two fangs on my cheek with natural paints. When he finished, I turned around to face Willa, with my eyes glowing gold and my fangs growing in my mouth, while the power of the moonstone ran through my veins.

“What did you find out?”, she said, while everyone's attention was on me, waiting for my next words.

“They saw you howling, Willa.”

“So?”, she replied, clearly not as worried as I was.

“We're exposed!”, I said. I gave her the drawing I had picked up earlier and she let out an incredulous laugh.

“Looks nothing like us, Wyatt. We have way better hair than that.”, my gaze stopped on the floor, waiting for her to continue.

“Stop being such a worry wolf, brother. I only said Awoooo”, she howled, causing my gaze to lift up again towards her.

“It's like saying "ciao", or "aloha" or I'll rip your throat out.”, Willa continued, making Wynter smile. “Anyway, who cares what they think? It's a terrible town.”

“We have to find the Great Alpha.”, I replied, quietly.

The Great Alpha was part of a prophecy from my pack, which said that a woman with white hair would guide us to the moonstone and lead the pack.

“If there even is a Great Alpha.”

“Willa, we saw her in the forest with the girl that saw you howling! She had the white hair!”

“Probably just the light.”, she said, convinced of her own words. The other wolves were quiet, probably not wanting to come in the middle of the fight.

“She's real. And she's going to lead us to the moonstone. And you know we don't have much time. More and more of our pack are getting sick. Our necklaces are almost our of power. We need to find the moonstone.”, Willa sighed.