Greengrass Manor

1993, September

"Poppy has brought miss Ria her sweets," said Poppy, our house elf, with a smile on her face.

"Thank you, Poppy. Did you have your breakfast?" I asked.

"No, miss. Poppy is waiting for Penny and Happy," she said.

"Poppy is so excited for Miss Ria," she said, as I combed through my dark brown hair. 

"Me too," I giggled, and Poppy put a shimmery green hair bow in my hair. I can't go a single day without hair bows. As I didn't want to be late, I walked out of my room, and reached for the stairs. There he was, brown hair handsome guy I was looking for. "Good morning, grandfather," I beamed.

"Good morning, Princess. Good luck for your first day, sweetie. I love you, you'll become a great witch," he said. I wanted to hug him one last time. I can't hug a portrait now, can I?

"Good Morning," I said, taking my place next to green eyes-Goldilocks, our mother's replica.

"I can't believe my eyes, you are early," I whispered to her, surprised. 

"You're late," she said.

"I was talking to Grandfather," I said.

"That's nice, now have your breakfast, you've got plenty of time to chat on the train," my mum said.

"Don't pull pranks on the first day itself, okay?" dad asked, holding his stylish French beard. I always wished I had my father's greyish blue eyes, but I'm stuck with light brown. Oh, his name is Cepheus Greengrass, pretty fancy, huh? He's the head of International Magical Office of Law. 

"Okay dad, I promise I won't," I chuckled. He knows me too well.

"I believe you'll make Slytherin proud to have you," he added. Imagine getting into Gryffindor, they'll outright disown me. Besides, I don't think any other house will be as welcoming to me as much as Slytherin.  Despite loving Slytherin, it's annoying that people decide I'm a Slytherin as I'm from a pureblood family. 

"Beauxbatons if Hufflepuff," my mom whispered in my ear, making my eyes roll. "Mom!" I sighed, exasperated.

She started smoothing her dress down, "Okay, Astoria do-" "Okay! No Gryffindor, either, I get it," I shrugged.

"I was going to say, don't forget your cat, young lady," she scolded, her green eyes glaring at me.

"Sorry mother," I mumbled, ashamed. 

"Cressy, we should go now," my father reminded her.

Finally, nine and three quarters, my turn to go to Hogwarts. I can duel, care for creatures, make potions, transfigure things, and read loads of books. It's a bit scary, but exciting. I don't know if I can make friends. When I was 2  my parents put me with a bunch of kids, all older than me, and expected us to get along. That worked, but now I'll have to make my own friends. Good thing, I can hang out with them, if I can't make any. "Bye loves, please write to us," mum forehead kissed both of us, and our dad hugged us. I waved off to mum and dad. Mum was crying, and her mascara on her cheek was the proof. 

"Come on, they'll be waiting," Daph said, but I decided either. 

"Well, you go on, I'm not so interested to join them," I shrugged.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Sure Daph, it'll be weird to hang out with my sister's friends, rather than making my own," I told her, and she agreed to leave me.