The Unthinkable

I sat at the dining table, with all the deatheaters. The silence in the room making my heart race and a body paralyze. The Dark Lord slowly rose from his place, and took slow steps and towards what I feared the most. He stopped right behind me, and gripped my shoulders, with his slimy hands.

"Draco," he whispered.

"My lord," I stuttered.

"Do we have a surprise for you?" he grinned, evilly, revealing his dirty teeth. I heard my aunt snicker. "Belllatrix." I swallowed a huge lump in my throat. I could hear my heart beat in my ears.

"Yes, my Lord," she bowed, and hastened up. As she returned, I saw her gripping... Astoria. My mother's hand squeezed my numb body.

"My lord, please," I whispered in a desperate voice. I sucked in the tears that welled up. "Please, not her."

"Shut up, stupid boy," his wand at my nape, and my aunt dragged her to the bench. She looked paler and frail. Her body out of her control. She was half unconscious. I hated to think of the reasons.

"We do not have weakness. We do not know love." he whispered again, and Bella drew her dagger. Before I could process any of it, Astoria started screaming.

"No, please, please, make it stop, please my lord, take me instead, please, I can do anything," I started begging, crying. He could kill me instead. Take my soul, but pain her, she stopped, and I never felt more alive. I ran to her, lying on the floor. Her beautiful face was bleeding because of the slash from Bella's dagger. I searched for something to stop it, her unconscious state had me dead, but I breathed as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Now, now, I made it stop, as you promised, I want you to kill her," He said. I didn't trust my ears.

"Kill her, Draco. She's a blood traitor, a disgrace, we must not mate blood traitors. Filth."

"She's not," I yelled, instinctly, wiping her tears off.

"Avada Kedavra," a greenlight shot her. No, no, no, it can't be. "Astoria, darling, please," she didn't move.

I shot up, crying, in loss of air. I searched around, there she was sleeping peacefully, next to me. Her softness and strength, glowing like her skin. My Astoria, my lifeline. It was - just a nightmare. The worst I ever had. I can't sleep anymore. I sank into the chair rethinking everything. I have to do kill him, as much as I don't want to. Dumbledore favored Gryffindor, but he was never evil, not a monster. He's kill father, mother, Astoria, and the very thought felt worse than death. I can never loose her for anything. I remember how she told me about her grandfather. She deserves nothing less the best. 

---- 

My eyes slowly fluttered, as I heard a soothing sound, but I snuggled into the sheets, not wanting to wake up. The sound never left, and only increased. Enchant who, I recognized the song. I rubbed my eyes open to see Draco playing the piano, in his messy hair, and pajamas his back facing me. As I took groggy steps to him, I could hear him humming. 

"Good morning, gorgeous," he smiled, making me smile first thing in the morning. This is the best morning I could ever ask for. The first time I woke up to music since grandfather's death. It was nostalgic, and beautiful.

"Thank you, Draco," I hugged him, and he kissed my hair. I rushed back to my dorm, and made sure I reached for breakfast in time.

"What's wrong?" I asked Drew, and corners of his lips, fell to the ground.

"Scarlet has been avoiding me," he said sadly. Oh, Salazar I swear I feared this day, I hate that I have to pick one of them now.

"What makes you think so?" I asked.

"She is running away, each time I tried to talk to her, Jace doesn't know what happened either. I don't know where I went wrong, Ria," he sighed.

"It's okay, Drew, maybe it's her mood swings," I rolled my eyes.

"It's not now," he said, seesh, I cringed so hard.

"I'll ask her, okay? now have your breakfast, you bug me when you're hungry," I told him.

"Do you think she's-" 

"Nooo, you douchebag, don't be ridiculous, she'd never cheat," C'mon, I can read minds, now, can't I? 

I walked to Scarlet as she rushed out of the hall, she ran as I tried to approach her. That girl's never mean, did anyone obliviate her? Or did she break her teeth? It worried me, so I decided to stop her in the lavatory in the evening. I was successful, but she looked hurt.

"Scarlet, I don't know what I did, but I'm so sorry, for everything, stop ignoring me, please," I begged her. She stared at me, trying not to speak. Well, I know it's rude but do I have a choice? I saw through her mind, my heart squeezed, hufflepuffs are after all, the most loyal and loving. I wrapped her in my hug.

"Stop being the hero, I can't imagine a day without you," I said, as she cried on my shoulder.

"Please tell him, he deserves to know, Scar," I tried to explain, and she nodded in agreement. Luckily, Drew and Jace were waiting outside.

"Scarlet," Drew sighed, in relief with a hint of pain. All of us walked to our hang out space, and Scarlet collapsed into sobs.

"I've been there, Scar," I whispered in her ear, and she stopped crying.

"I am a muggleborn, and you are Slytherins, I know what they call you, blood traitors, I don't want you getting harmed," she said.

"Don't be ridiculous, Scar, it's easy for us to be brave when you're around us, around me," he told Scar. Jace and I left the place, giving the couple 'the' space.

The long day tired me, but I kept blushing each time I saw my palms. Draco's ring sat perfectly on mine. There were a bunch of kids in the common room, Pansy and Theo got a detention with Snape, leaving us with Daph, Blaise, Greggory, and Vincent, but Draco was nowhere to be found.