Chapter thirteen

My lovely readers I hope you are all fine

Like always  don't forget to vote and leave your comments 

Valentina pov*

The summer is finished and with it the long evening in the garden admiring the sunset finished, the presence of the birds and its whistling were gone and the soft breeze you feel at dawn was not anymore. This 3 lasts months were fun with Elena and Cristiano but like we say all good things have an end. Cristiano returned to London to finish his studies this year will be his last and after that he will join her brother to run the business and Elena went to Paris just to handle some stuffs and will be back in two weeks and I am glad for that. She is a fashion designer and plans to start her own brand.

Monica has a boyfriend, a guard working at the mansion, she looks very happy and in love.

Me I am here doing the same things like always, nothing changed. My life goes in circles but I am not complaining I am healthy, have a good job, lovely friends what I can ask more; we will certainly find me boring but when you know where you came from, having food in your plate and a roof above your head is enough to feel happy and grateful.

The one thing is sometimes even when you know you are privileged compared to other you want more. More than live a calm life deprived of passion, of love. I need to know that someone depends on me, can't breathe if I am not close. Someone who open his eyes on me and close them only if he sees me. Someone who shares my joys, my fears, my moments of doubt. Someone who give me his shoulders when I need them, someone who knows what I need before even asking in the end someone who loves and care for me unconditionally.

But for that I need to get my nose out of my books and live the real life like Monica teased me. But sometimes escaping reality and delve into the imaginary it's better to endure the hard monotony and routine of a mundane life.

I know she is right but we are not all confident like her. And when the man you love look at you and behave with you like you are nothing or some piece of shit that doesn't help to gain self confidence.

I remember the last time I had to do with him, he was unrecognizable

Flashback

"Zia please can you prepare something for Dante he is sick" I heard Matteo said to Miss Camilla

"What happened to him" she asked

"I don't know and he doesn't want to see a doctor you know how he is"

"Yes, don't worry I will take care of him" Miss Camilla assured Matteo

"Ok thank you Zia I am going now I have work Stefano is waiting"

"Valentina please help me prepare a soup for Dante" She said to me

I got to work quickly; I was really worried about him. He is not often sick but his fever can be so strong. When we finished Miss Camilla took the soup to him give him medications and made him rest like she said to me when I asked about him. The day was almost finished and I don't see Dante once and I get more worried. Furthermore Miss Camilla was already sleeping.

So after dinner and many hesitations, I decided to go to his room and check on him. I knocked at first but without response I entered. He was sleeping shirtless I approached him and he was sweating when I touched his forehead he was burning. I gasped and run to the kitchen to bring cold water, pills and a bottle of water. I made my way quickly upstairs; I took towels and sat next to him in his bed. He was unconscious due to the fever. I began to put cold towels on his face, his neck and chest after some time the fever went down. Dante began to move and stammered incoherent words that I didn't understand. Lifting his head and waking him up a Iittle I managed to put a pill in his mouth and made him drink water. It was uncomfortable and some water sank along his cheeks and neck. I clean him and laid his head delicately on the pillow. Half an hour later I checked his temperature once again and thanks to God he was better.

I covered him with a light blanket, I looked at him for some time and I couldn't stop myself to caress his cheeks. Dante moved when he felt the contact so I was about to removed my hand and go when he caught it. I tried to get my hand back but Dante was holding it tight. I sighted and decided to sit next to him for a moment resting on the headboard.

I didn't know when I fall asleep but I was woken up by Dante's voice shouting at me

"You wake up!!! What are you doing here?"

I couldn't respond at the moment because of the shock, I jumped off the bed just kept staring at him with wide eyes

"I said what are you fucking doing here"

"I.... I cc came last nnn night to check on you and..."

"And what? you said to yourself why not sleeping next to me at the same time" he cut me

"No no I don't know when I fell asleep"

He was beyond angry, passing his hand in his hair, going back and forth into the room and finished by punched the wall I startled at his action

"Who tell you to check on me hein? Who are you to enter in my room and sleep in my own bed you filthy !!!!"

"I was worried when I known you were sick Dante that's all" I managed to say

He came towards me and grabbed my face planting his nails in my cheeks

"How you call me? Dante? Who do you think you are? What are trying to do? First you enter in my room at night, you sleep in my bed next to me and now you call me by my name. Don't tell me you want to seduce me?" He said in a dangerous low voice swinging his head on the side

I was dealing with the pain in my face and was trying to find my words while staring at him with eyes full of fear and tears. He didn't give me enough time and started again

"Even if you are the last woman on earth I won't look at you do you understand, I will say it for the last time stay away from me and make sure I won't see your ugly face for the rest of the day" He then pushed me towards the door violently.

Flashback end

I couldn't forget the anger I saw in his eyes this day. What I was concerned about it's what happened to him, why he became like this. Did I make something wrong why he behave with me like this? Why I can't see affection for me in his eyes anymore like we were child? He changed after his Dad's death like it was my fault.