Chapter Seven: Leo Atlas

"I can't believe you picked the name, Archer," Ryleigh groaned as we walked backstage at the venue. 

I carried Kolbi on my hip while everyone else began to clean up for the show that night. It wasn't really a name Jack and I decided on exactly. Archer was one of the few names we both liked. Bacchus, I could live without but it was a good joke. I sort of like the B initial though it was fitting for L.B and J.B. Everyone had already made the joke so why not make it a reality. 

"I know you don't like the name but the only other name Jack and I have both liked is Leo and Atlas. Atlas was the name we had for a girl and Leo we liked when Kolbi said it. I mean who knows, I may just pop this baby out and be like 'nope not a Leo, not an Archer,'" I joked with Ryleigh before sitting Kolbi down on the floor to go and run around.

"It's just a weird name. I don't know I thought you and J may go a little more traditional. I mean you both have sort of traditional sounding names it's just you have a gender-neutral name and Jack is Jack," Ry said with a shrug before moving on the floor to play with Kolbi

I wanted to ask Ryleigh about her and Zack but there was this part of me that knew it was not my business to mess in someone else's relationship. I felt this sense of tension between Ryleigh and I. It wasn't something I personally liked I always hated fighting with my best friend but doesn't everyone?

Lisa rushed in pulling me from my train of thoughts. Lisa went over to Ryleigh and whispered something in her ear than Kolbi's. I felt out of the loop but then Jack was pushed into the small dressing room. He still had on his paint-smeared shirt and so did I. We stood there looking at each other before laughing.

"Archer?" Jack smiled and I nodded my head.

"We could always change the name once we see him but I know it's his name. I just feel it. It is so weird, I can't describe it. I imagine him with your eyes and some of your features but my personality and boy are we in trouble." 

"I don't think we are in trouble yet. Maybe when he is older and not a baby." 

I rolled my eyes ignoring Jack as I slipped on one of his sweatshirts. I went to help clean up the stage we just ruined with paint. It was at that time the boys play they would be announcing the gender potential of baby Barakat. I helped mob up the paint as I and Ryleigh did our preshow warm-ups and dancing.

"This song is a different song," Ryleigh spoke into the mic as I grabbed the one of the piano.

The music as Ryleigh and I began to dance and sing our set the lights cut. I didn't see the chord or where I was going but I knew I needed to get back toward the left stage. I caught my foot on a chord and fell straight on my face. Ryleigh looked panicked as I stood up a little shaken up. We finished the set as Lisa rushed over to me. Lisa took my arm and pulled me into the emergency service area where the first aid would check me out. They placed the heart monitor on me and began to do the usual check on the baby.

I answered all their questions as Ryleigh rushed over. Ryleigh looked at me as I waved her off. I closed my eyes listening to a steady heartbeat then I noted that the heart beat wasn't normal. It was skipping beats. I looked over at Lisa and then the paramedic.

"What does that mean?" I asked holding my breath as they looked at me and lifted the bed up.

I was moved into the ambulance with my mom now at my side. We rode to the hospital while they kept monitoring me and the baby. Mom kept trying to assure me everything was going to be fine but I was starting to panic. What if when I fell the baby got hurt? I couldn't handle getting this far and then something happening. Once in the hospital, I was completely checked out. Dad arrived after the concert with no jack or no other boys. 

"How are you feeling baby girl?" Dad asked brushing back some of my hair.

"Scared," I muttered out softly.

"Why are you scared? Everything is good just a little bit of a skip. Archer's heart just drums to a different beat right now," Dad kissed the top of my forehead before leaving me to talk to a doctor.

The doctor came in and gave me the most gut-wrenching news. I knew what I had to do when I got back to the bus. Dad booked me the ticket home while I changed from the terrible hospital gown into my clothes again. Getting back to the bus it was eerily silent. I then heard a noise I didn't want to hear. I quickly grabbed my bags going unnoticed. Tears streaming down my face.

I hid my stomach from fans and I hid my tears from the fans and my family. I climbed into the vechile mom and dad had rented. Lisa was standing beside my mom as they talked. Tk and Carlos were probably at the hotel getting ready for their flight back as well as us. I kept continuously blinking to fight back the tears. it wasn't just leaving this time that hurt. It was so much more than just leaving a tour that hurt. I couldn't bring myself to tell him. Maybe one day they will all know why I decided to leave. I had to leave to protect him. It may not make sense to them now but it would one day. when they are happy they will understand until then I was only Logan Blake Urie. I was pregnant and I needed to get home to get some rest. I couldn't keep running myself so thin.