Chapter Eleven: Learning about my Past

I bring her up to my bedroom, away from a now snoring Charlie. When we were safely in my bedroom, I closed the door before turning around. "I know you're in on the Cullen's secret." She stated bluntly. I halted in my actions not expecting her bluntness but smiled in the end. "Oh?" I respond shortly. This made her tighten her grip on her bag. I couldn't tell if it was in irritation or from her being worried.

"Don't act like you know nothing, and that I'm crazy." She says with confidence. I smiled playing into her curiously. "Okay, what are we then?" I asked specifying the word we to confuse her. She falters in her confidence. I take a few steps towards her making her stumble back. "Hmm? What do you think you know, Olivia?" I asked with a straight face. She stood back up full of confidence. "You're the cold ones. Vampires." She states with uncertainty. I could see the confusion in her eyes, she was so sure. How? She hasn't even read the book yet.

I leaned back with a smile on my face. "You're not afraid?" I asked with a sigh. She shook her head with her chin held high. I silently walked out of the room down the hallway, to grab the air mattress from the closet. When I walked back into the room and placed it on the floor. She looked at me dumbfounded. I wasn't letting her share my bed. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still sick and she intruded on my home. I didn't even get a phone-call beforehand. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Giving you somewhere to sleep." I responded simply.

"You don't want to talk about our previous conversation?" I chuckled while turning on the machine to fill up the mattress. The truth was that I was still tired and didn't want to deal with the conversation tonight. Once it was fully filled, I turned my attention to her. "We can do that in the morning. Now, shut up, lay down and go to sleep." I mumbled climbing into my bed, quickly getting under the covers. It was ten at night, and I had slept all day. If I were to fully wake up now, I wouldn't get tired until eight the next morning, which would screw up my original plan to talk with the Cullen's.

She didn't say anything more. "Olivia," I mumble dozing off. I heard her move on the air mattress, most likely to turn towards me. "If you have any stupid idea's, than decide to peruse them in the morning; when I'm awake. Okay?" I ask. "Okay." She mumbled back. It only took me a couple of seconds to fall back into my deep slumber, and hopefully she did the same thing.

When I did wake up the next morning she wasn't in the room. "Olivia." I call out in suspicion. When I didn't get a response, I got up stepping around the bed. When I got to the top of the stairs, I smelt something. Was it food? Different thoughts ran through my head, as to who could be cooking. Was it Charlie? Could it be Olivia? Either way I was going to find out. I walked through the doorway to see Olivia pulling something out of the oven. What could she be making? I didn't know what it was, but the smell made my stomach churn.

I guess I didn't win the battle against the flu quite yet. When she turned and saw me, she jumped in fear. Her arm ended up hitting the pan she had just pulled out of the oven. Ouch. That had to hurt. She once again yelped, before quickly pulling her arm away. "You're clumsier than I am." I mumble to myself surprised. She turned to me trying to hide her pain. Only then I noticed the dark circles under her eyes. She didn't listen to me! "Why didn't you try and go to sleep?" I ask with a sigh. "I-I couldn't fall asleep." She responded sheepishly.

"Well, their definitely going to notice. We need to fix that." She looks at me weirdly before asking, "Who's going to notice?" I sat in one of the wooden chairs at the table thinking. Maybe he can take her out beforehand, so they can get better know each other, then she can come over to the Cullen's. Perfect. It gives me time to talk with them. I look up at her with a smile. "No one. Now, if you're hungry- eat something. If not, go collect your stuff from upstairs." I wasn't giving he clear answers because she would start asking even more questions. It was better for her to be confused. "Why?" She asked curiously.