Chapter Ten: Edward To The Rescue

Olivia POV

We were driving to the dress store, Angela and Jessica were in front while I sat in the back. We got to the dress shop and Angela went to the purple dresses while Jessica went to the pink. Oh, how I hate the color pink, don't get me wrong I'm not goth I just like to where black and grey a lot. They picked out what dresses they wanted to try on and went to the dressing rooms.

I sat on the other side of the window booth waiting for them to come out. After a few minutes Angela came out in a long green dress, it was a nice dress just not on her. She looked in the mirror and asked, "Does it look ok?" I looked at her with a smile. "The dress looks good just not on you, you need something special." I answered hoping that she didn't take it offensively.

She nodded with a smile, happy for my opinion, and went in to change into a different dress. Jessica was next to come out. "How do I look?" She asked after strutting out of the changing room, like it was the red carpet. She looked terrible, the hot pink dress did not go good with her complexion, looked like she was glowing, and not the good kind. "It looks good." I said slowly and unsure. Jessica immediately went back into the changing room, seeing through my terrible lying. This continued this for a good half an hour. Them coming out in hideous dresses, and me either lying to them or telling them no.

Finally, after they both tried on every dress in the store, they came out at the same time. Jessica was in another neon pink dress but this one was worse than the first, so I immediately liked it. It went past her knees, but it didn't quite reach her ankles. It was a one shoulder, with lace on the top. Angela's had a grey and purple ombre, which looked beautiful on her. It went good with her complexion, and it just overall looked amazing. A huge smile broke out on my face as I stood up walking towards her. "Angela," I started. She looked at me in worry as she thought I was serious. "This is the dress."

She looked down embarrassed. "Thanks." She mumbled quietly. Jessica looked at me in betrayal before asking, "Well, how do I look?" I looked at her with a smile before nodding. "It looks better than the others." Apparently Jessica noticed my lie and got upset. "You said that about the other ones!" She exclaimed angerly. A group of boys walked by the shops glass window, one of them stopped before nodding with a thumbs up before continuing to walk down the street.

Of course, Angela noticed my discomfort first. "You're not really into this are you?" I looked down shaking my head. "Don't get me wrong, I wanted to come. It's just... I was hoping to stop at this bookstore before it got dark." I explained nervously. "The one nearby?" She asks me curious. I nod. "Yeah." I looked at the sky which wasn't very dark yet or at least I didn't think so. Forks was always gloomy so it could have been ten at night and I would have thought it was five in the afternoon.

"We will meet up at the restaurant after." Jessica answered happily. Almost to happy. I had to question if she only kept me as a friend, for someone to rant about her problems. I brushed it off and headed out the door. The bitter cold breeze hit my body like a brick wall. I quickly zipped up my jacket hopping it would help, before walking in the direction of the bookstore.

When I finally got there, a lady greeted me from behind the counter. It was quite a small store, and they didn't have many books in stock. This worried me even more, what if they didn't have the book I was looking for? I would have to wait and let my conscious dwell on the fact the Edward and the rest of his family might possible be vampires. This thought made me wonder what Bella's connection to them is. Was she some other type of supernatural creature too?

My mind started to drift places on all the possibilities when my attention was drawn to the lady at the front desk. If I was looking for a book she would be able to tell me if she had it, right? It would certainly be better than searching the entire store, no matter how big or small, only to come out empty handed. "Excuse me." I said in the politest voice I could manage. She looked up from her book, with a smile, silently asking what I needed. She looked like the perfect old lady, that would cook cookies for her grand kids. Maybe it was just me, but that was the aurora she gave off.