Part 7.

~one week later~

It was finally the day of the interview and boy was I nervous, even tho I rehearsed countless times it still wasn't enough. Yoona gave me pretty much any tip she could about going to interviews, but I wasn't sure if it was enough. Still I couldn't chicken out because this might as well be the best thing that happened to me so far.

The first problem that happened that cursed the day is that I remembered that I had no formal outfit to wear and only TWO hours before the interview. So I had to call Yoona who has the largest wordrobe I've ever seen, she probably had a victorian dress at some point.
Lucky she was fast and I was able to get ready on time.

Next thing is that I was almost late, because the cab that I called was late and Yoona couldn't give me a ride there since she was late for work.
By some miracle I made it on time but I didn't really properly prepare myself right before I went In, and of course I was a total mess.
I screwed up half of the stuff that were essential for an interview, I stuttered a lot, was sweating a lot and was visibly nervous.
When the interview was done I felt like 500 pounds of weight has been lifted off my chest.

Finally I saw that my skirt had a stain from the coffee I drank in the rush and I had some food leftovers in my teeth. Just when I thought there might be a slight chance that I'll make it my hopes were crushed. 'Guess I better call to get my cashier job back' I thought.

After a tiresome day I went home and took a loooong bath just to relax. After that I met up with Yoona over a cup of coffee and told her everything that happened.

"So basically your whole day was shit" she stated
"Uuugh yea" I said laying my head on the table
"Hey don't get all depressed now, I'm sure you did fine enough for them to hire a mess like you. Sure you were stuttering a bit and you weren't really professional but they might just hire you because they are desperate"
"Jeez tanks for the words of encouragement" I said sarcastically
"So what did they say when will they tell you if you are hired or not?"
"Well probably later today since there weren't many applicants, but I doubt they will even notify me since I did so horribly"
"Of course they will" she said with a reassuring smile "They would be fools not to hire you, you are super charismatic and pretty, not to mention how good your grades were during college"
"Well I guess but still the other applicants were way better than me"
"How do you know that"
"I just know, I can feel it"
"Yeah sure whatever" she rolled her eyes "You need to have a little confidence in yourself I get that this may be a bit scary since it's your first interview and all but there will be plenty of other things that are harder to overcome when you get the job"
"You mean IF I get the job"
"I'm 100% sure you will"
"Wanna bet?" I asked
"Ok then. If you get hired you pay for our dinner and if you don't I do, what do you say?"
"Deal"

And so the only thing left to do is wait.

Later that evening I was at home just watching my favorite shows. For the whole day I didn't dare to look at my mail, reason being that I was scared to be rejected.
After hours of binge watching dramas I decided to go to sleep, but before I did that I had to check my mail. When I opened it and didn't see anything important but decided to scroll a bit down to see if there was anything from them.
I almost missed it.
I opened it and it said that I was hired! The amount of excitement and happiness from that made me jump.
I immediately went down stairs and to my mom.

"Mom mom!" I said like an excited little kid
"What is it sweetie?" she turned towards me
"I got hired!"
"What really?!"
"Yeah" I jumped to hug her
"Oh honey I'm so proud of you" she huged me back
"I know"
"So when are you starting?"
"Tomorrow morning, I was supposed to start a week from now, but they delayed the interviews and so now I need to go as soon as possible"
"Ooh OK then" she said with a warm smile "Do you want to eat something sweetie?"
"No thanks mom, I ate a bit earlier"
"Ok then"
"By the way where is dad?"
"He is working late again, he may not be home till morning"
I didn't say anything I just made a sad face. (fs in the chat)
"I know you wanted to tell him the happy news but you know he is a workaholic"
"Yeah"
"Maybe when you wake up tomorrow he will be here"
"Ok then, good night mom"
"Good night sweetie"

I was really sad that my dad wasn't home, not just today but in the past couple of weeks he was always working late. I was worried that he might go overboard and that it may have some consequences. But even if I did tell him all of that he wouldn't listen. We were close that was true but he never let anyone in the family to interfere with anything that had to do with his work.

I went upstairs to my room and layed on the bed.
I sent a message to Yoona telling her that I was hired, she responded with'
"Told you, now you owe me dinner 😉"

I didn't reply with anything and just went to sleep tomorrow was and important day after all.

Authors note

Woohoo she is hired, but what is the name of the company that hired her? 🤔
Anyways I just want to say how fricking cringey that conversation with her mom was and that I'm sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter.
Until next time love ya ❤️