Chapter XXIII -M- Fried Fish

Start from the beginning

"Good memory." He gives me a cruel smile. Why is Dylan's brother here? Did Dylan tell him who I was? No, he wouldn't.

"How did you get to me? I was on the ocean." He's human, no way we would be able to grab me that deep into the sea.

"I have a few friends." Everything since I said goodbye to Dylan on the beach was a blur.

"Merpeople helped you? Why?"

"I don't think you are understanding your situation. You are a hostage. I ask the questions."

"You can ask but I won't answer. Dylan will track me down."

"Dylan thinks you are in your little Kingdom. The people from your Kingdom don't even know you exist, do they? So no one will miss you, and Dylan, oh Dylan will just think you won't come back."

He thinks no one knows who I am. He doesn't know about Thea. That gives me hope. She will notice I'm gone.

"He'll notice I'm gone if I don't show up soon. I made a promise."

"Really? Because you were unconscious for three days and my contacts said that he was throwing a party with his gang and a lot of beautiful women."

Three days? Is he telling the truth?! He isn't looking for me?

No. Why should I believe him? I love Dylan, and I trust him.

"I have more friends besides Dylan, trust me, you don't want to mess with them." I was obviously bluffing. Thea couldn't do much on her own, but I know that Dylan is trying his best to help me.

"You know. When I saw you at the party I was very shocked. I almost blown my cover by asking how you got free and get legs. I realized you weren't her in no time, you lack...something I can't describe. When Dylan sent that idiot to protect you, not so subtly may I add, I thought I just found my jackpot. Not only did you obviously know the answer to my questions, but my brother likes you. Double win. I can have my answers and make him suffer all in one play."

"Why would you want your own brother to suffer?"

"He's my half-brother." As if that is a sufficient answer. He comes near my tank and grabs something that I never seen before, but when he touches two of those things together, sparks fly. "You know that water is an incredible conductor of electricity? If I drop these in there you will die instantly. Fried fish." He smiles at me. "I'll have fun with you first, don't worry." He takes a blade and slices my shoulder through the opening on top of the tank. The pain is intense, a burning feeling that paralyzes my arm. I try to stay quiet and let the water wash away the blood. The water becomes slightly pink.

"So what's your plan? Torture me for information I won't give, and then kill us?" I say while supporting the injured arm.

"Kill you? No no no, I'll sell you. Do you have any idea what one mermaid can sell for?"

"One?" I look at Lizzie and she looks terrified.

"Well yes. I have no need of her anymore. Plus she pisses me off." Faster than I can follow he pulls a gun and shoots Lizzie. Her tank shatters and she fall to the floor crying.

"What are you doing?! She need water!"

"A shame. I'm tired of her. I can't see anyone buying her. Besides, it came to my attention that she is very high profile. I wouldn't want any trouble for selling a princess. However, selling a lookalike shouldn't be a problem."

"You are crazy."

He laughs, "You have no idea." He takes a few steps away from my tank and steps over Lizzie. "You'll answer my questions. Eventually. Or people you care about will start to drop dead." Is he talking about Dylan?