All I Never Say

-ONE-SHOT-

Everyone has a story to tell. And if I were a book, the best part of it was... him.

I could clearly remember how our chapter had began. At start, it's funny how I even cursed not to see him again.

I knew him when I was sixteen. I saw him at school and we hurled insults against each other the first time we met.

But, nevertheless, he was a great companion and we shared a lot of things in common. Maybe, one of the reasons we despised each other and argued.

Little did I know, that the person I always battling with will be the same person with whom I would fall with.

And then I realized that no matter how we expect things to happen, we were not the one who could say what the future held and could only determine what was likely in front of us and what we believe was certain.

These past few days, I have been sleepless at night. Guess, I just liked the weather. Ang lamig ng gabi ay tila pinapakalma ang aking pakiramdam. Ngunit pinupuno nito ang aking isipan... ng mga ala-ala, pagkataka at mga tanong na hindi ko pa rin mahanapan ng sagot.

I might not be the only one feeling this way. The solemn nights were too mysterious to be comforting and too dark for warmth. I hugged myself as I looked in the stars.

Will there be a shooting star? Does one of them fall tonight to grant someone's wish? And if I'll be the lucky one, what shall I wish?

Ilan iyon sa mga tanong na sumagi sa aking isipan.

"Kanina ka pa ba naghihintay?"

Bumuntong-hinga ito bago tumabi sa bench na aking inuupuan.

Tumingin ako sa kaniya, katulad ng gabi ay napakamisteryoso rin ng taong katabi ko. And when I looked at him this close, I felt both relief and bursting. I'm in between mending my own heart and confusing his.

Can I be selfish, Devin?

Gusto ko siyang tanungin... gusto kong tanungin kung okay lang ba sa kaniya... gusto kong malaman kung ano ang isasagot niya... gustong-gusto kong alamin kung ano ba ang nararamdaman niya...

Sa aming dalawa, was I the only one who speaks about these thoughts?

But instead of asking him, I shook my head and smiled. "No, you know I can always have my way to avoid boredom."

"Yeah." He chuckled so did I. How I would miss those laughs and crinkle in his perfectly-formed nose.

"What time is your flight?" He asked.

"4:00 AM."

There's this feeling na kapag sinabi niya na huwag akong umalis, hindi ako magdadalawang-isip na ipa-cancel ang airline ticket; na kapag sinabi niya iyon, I would stay.

"Only hours left." He mumbled almost a whisper. "You're going to be okay without me," he added and a sudden glimpse of sadness crossed his eyes.

"I'm lying if I would say yes. I'm never going to see anyone like you and meet the same way we do. But honestly," I looked in his eyes. "Ayaw ko rin naman makakilala ng isa pang tao that would pester me every passing day." I laughed.

Having to meet someone like you is going to be too much for me to carry.

"Terry, honestly," he seemed serious, gazing up into the starry sky. "Even if you search the whole world, you are right. You won't find me, in anyone, anymore."

"I don't expect, either. You are way too perfect to be in comparison to anyone else," I said sarcastically.

"But, I could be a star as you're always claiming they were perfect."