"You guys, this isn't some war fantasy, okay?"

"Whatever," Andy said, "Now everybody's freaking out about the Frost sisters and Jack for some reason. At least they treat us like adults."

"The Frost sisters? Don't tell me they got in your head, too."

I glared at Lauren, knowing damn well what she was implying.

"Those girls are liars," She continues.

Before I could speak, Andy beat me to it.
"Are they?" He asked. "Maybe they're the only ones around here who are actually telling the truth."

This shocked Lauren, while I gave myself a grin.
The older Strucker walked away in disbelief, as Andy and I stay where we were.

§

Yesterday

"Jack... what happened back there?"

We were secluded on the roof, where it was just us.
Jack was holding onto his tears, as I try to comfort him.

"Those two... the two who tore apart Fairburn, I knew them. It was for a short bit, but they were my cell partners before they divided us to go to Trask. My god, they were both terrified."

I wrapped my arms around my brother, who I felt immense sympathy for.

"They were crying and holding onto each other of fear life. I-I talked for them for a bit... and I couldn't help but have them remind me of you and me."

"Jack..."

"Lux, if things turn out bad for anything... you leave me. If I get stuck, you leave me there. I don't want you to come get me and leave you in danger."

"What are you—"

"Just promise me!" He yells, out of his upset emotions.

I swallowed my rebellion and sighed, "Okay. But you gotta do the same for me. It's only fair."

"No, no, it's not."

"Yes, it is! If you are willingly gonna make this sacrifice, then I'm doing it too."

My brother looked at me in disbelief, but only slowly nodded his head for a reply.

Jack pulled me in for a hug, a hug that meant a thousand words.
Of course, I knew Jack wouldn't follow with what I said, it's in his nature to do so, but if he knows me like he says he does, he would know I am the exact same way.

§

I helped Andy and Lauren do their chores in helping the Undergound.

From the tension in the room, Lauren and I had a complete strained friendship.
The only thing that was bringing us together was Andy, despite the two siblings already having their own issues.

"Hey, speed demon. You missed the bean sprouts," Lauren points out, referring to all the unwatered plants Andy left out.

"Yeah, well, excuse me for not being a professional waterer guy," He grumbled, "This is stupid. Do you think Campbell's gardening right now?"