Chapter 81: Hardin

"How about this one?" Landon shows me some random golf bag.

"Sure." I say, just wanting to get the fuck out of here. We have been here for an hour at least just  looking at different golf clubs.

"I'm not sure. I'm gonna go ask that guy over there." He points to an employee all the way on the other side of the store and slowly walks over there.

"I'm calling Tessa." I tell him, but I don't think he hears me.

"Hardin, hi!" Tessa answers.

"Where are you guys? Landon is taking ten fucking years to buy stuff, so I'll meet you guys."

"Oh... um..." She pauses for a couple seconds. "We left actually."

"You what!" I yell, causing other customers to look at me.

"We went to Victoria Secret for a little while, but then Addy started crying... and Nora didn't have her bottle, so we had to go get it."

I could've sworn I saw a bottle in Addy's bag when Landon was holding it. 

"So you guys just left us? Left me? Why didn't you call?"

"We didn't know when you would be done. Just take your time, and come home when Landon is done. It's not the end of the world-" 

"Whatever." I hang up the phone. I can't believe she left me here with Landon, who for some reason, is taking so long to shop.

"The man just told me the prices, and they are way too expensive." Landon walks back over.

"Okay, so let's go." I try to pull Landon out of the store, but he doesn't let me.

"Wait! I need... shoes! I think there is a DSW on the other side of the mall."

"Shoes?" I question him.

"Yeah... I need a new pair of dress shoes." Landon walks out, and I follow behind him.

-

Another hour passes by of Landon trying on every fucking pair of shoes in this DSW.

"What about these?" He stands up and shows me. He's wearing a pair of regular black dress shoes.

"Those are literally the same as the last ten you tried on, just pick one!" I am starting to get agitated. From what I remember, Landon hates shopping, so why is he taking so long to pick out shoes?

"I think I'm gonna get.... these." He chooses the shoes he tried on second, and we finally make our way to the cashier. The line is extremely long.

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me." I huff.

"It'll go fast, relax."

"We've been in this mall for over three hours, Landon. I'm starving and I want to go home."

"We'll go after I pay." Landon pulls out his phone, and is texting someone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask him. He's been on his phone a lot today, and I know he doesn't have that many friends.

"Nora. I'm seeing if she's home, and what she wants to do for dinner."

"Why wouldn't she be home?"

"I don't know..." He pauses. "Maybe she hung out with Tessa or something." He shrugs, and I can tell he's lying to me.

"I don't know what's going on with you, but it's seriously creeping me the fuck out."

"What do you mean?"

"You hate shopping, yet we just spent three hours in the mall. You don't have that many friends to be on your phone that much, and I doubt you were texting your wife all the time." I am being a douche, but I can't take this anymore.