Demoman x Reader: After a Long Fight

hello! i apologize for my sudden appearance, i've had terrible writer's block for the past few weeks and only got to cure it by now.

requested by Demolasss! i'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but i've had this story in my drafts for a long while and didn't want to discard it. i still hope you like it tho!! ♡

--

You woke up to the sound of creaking. You fluttered your eyes open, your vision immediately met the bright light that was coming out from the window. It looked like the sun had already rosen up, a few clouds barely doing their job to cover the sunlight. Squinting your eyes, you rolled over to the other side of the bed, reaching for someone to wrap your arm around. But your arm merely slouched off and landed on the bed. You fully opened your eyes and saw that nobody was there beside you.

Confused about the absence of a warm body, you sat upright. You looked around and your sight landed on your lover, who was standing in front of the cabinet. He must be preparing to go to work.

A frown crept its way on your face. He was going to leave early. "Tavish?" You called out softly, to which he responded quickly and turned around to while he was putting on his belt. As soon as he laid his eye on you, he grinned cheekily. "Mornin', lass. Did I wake ye up?" He questioned you, and you shook your head. "No. You're going to work already?"

The Scot noticed the sad tone in your voice. He knew you hated being alone for hours. "That's right, lass. That old hag who yells at us while we fight called as soon as I woke up." He explained, then almost immediately he perked his head up towards your direction. "But don't ye worry! I'll come back once we're done kicking the enemy's asses." He walked to you and sat down, putting his huge hands on your face and playing with your cheeks. You couldn't help but giggle while he held you softly in his touch. You opened your mouth to say something, but Tavish already planted his lips against yours, shutting you up completely.

The feeling of his rough lips suddenly making contact with your soft ones caught you in surprise, but your shoulders quickly slacked off and you melted into the dancing process. He was gentle in kissing you, tilting his head to give you more space to move around. Your hands brought themselves up and snaked around his neck, keeping him close to you. He pulled away for a breath of air, his hands still on your face, holding them ever so tenderly. He smiled when he saw the blush that had taken form on your cheeks.

"Yer breath smells terrible."

Your eyes widened. "Wh- TAVISH!!" You hit his chest jokingly and kicked him away from you, while he laughed contagiously.

He really had to ruin the mood.

"Anyway, I'll be going. Make sure to brush yer teeth!" He said teasingly with a cocky grin on his face. You turned your gaze away, grumpily crossing your arms, which he laughed at. He thought you were adorable. "I love ye!" He said one last time before closing the door.

"...I love you too." You responded, slightly delayed. A sad sigh came out of your lips, now you were all alone again. You always felt lonely and bored whenever your Scottish boyfriend goes away for work. You basically had nothing to do in the house except to watch TV and eat. But those were the boring stuff! It's always exciting with Tavish.

You shook away the thoughts. You didn't want to be sad for the whole day. Standing up from the bed, you made your way to the bathroom, brushing your teeth just like he reminded you to do. Right now, it was a new day to start off with.

For the next several hours, you decided to go out and buy a few groceries. You fumbled on your house keys as the heavy grocery bags swayed off from your arms. Once you've inserted the right key, you immediately dropped the bags on the table and walked upstairs, entering the bathroom. You needed to take a quick shower after being covered in sweat!