The Man behind the White mask

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"That's pretty interesting. What do you got there?"

Immediately, he casted a single sign, and a heavy breeze took the paper into the orange, setting sun.

"Damn. A wind user." The masked figure grumbled "Can't you speak? Shout or say 'I'm gonna stop you!' like a typical shinobi?"

He unsheated his Kunai, and spat at the ground. He charged in, expecting to atleast hear a clang of metal but was surprised when his kunai didn't hit the figure. Or anything in that matter. He looked around, kunai, in hand. Then he felt something cold in the nape of his neck.

"One wrong move, and you die. But, dying would be more fun wouldn't it be?" The masked man asked behind him "But I can't live through this world without knowing something. Why aren't you speaking?

He felt a hand tugged his hair hard before his eyes was looking at a white, porcelain mask. He felt his mouth being forced open by a hand "So that's why! You have literally no tongue!" The masked figure say as Kiyoshi forcefully closed his mouth.

"You're pretty rare. No tongue. Wind user. You'd pay a lot of money in the black market as a slave" The man said before he felt a sharp pain behind his neck. "Then again, that'll be a hassle" He heard the figure say as he let out his final breath.

"What do you have, Kakashi?"

Kakashi looks at Hiruzen grimly "Guards at front saw a paper flying in the air. It's from the team you sent out, Hokage-sama"

"That means they're dead then." Hiruzen sighed. "What does the paper say?"

"Only a few words. Weapon. Box. Mask. Man. Evil." Kakashi looked and said the paper's content "Whoever wrote this, they were in a hurry."

"It is vague, but it give us some perspective. Weapon and box probably means Weapon crates or shipments. We could assume that these mercenaries are supplied with weapons. However Mask, man and evil could mean a lot of things."

Kakashi read the three words again and again before he realizes something "Or one."

Hiruzen looked at Kakashi with a raised brow "What do you mean?"

"Mask. Man. Evil. I knew a person who could very well fit this description. But the problem is..." Kakashi brows furrowed "It would be a few more years before he would be active."

Hiruzen realized what Kakashi meant, and signaled the ANBU protecting him to go away. He activated his security seals before he looked at Kakashi "Who is it?"

"Tobi. Or as you would know him, Uchiha Obito." Kakashi answered gravelly

Hiruzen looked at Kakashi, and rubbed his temple "Why?"

"He blames me for the death of Rin. He blames the world on his suffering. This is why he does this things."

Hiruzen sighed "This is all my fault. If I hadn't assigned you to that mission, the world would have been more different than what it is now." HIruzen looked at Kakashi "Tell Shikaku to prepare an assault plan. I want the mercenaries dealt with mercilessly and swif-"

Suddenly he feels the ground shake, and he stands up in shock "What was that?"

"Hokage-sama!" A shinobi barged in his office "Someone is attacking the front gate!"

"Get my garbs! Kakashi, get your team. We'll need all the power we could get."

"Hai!"

10 Mins earlier, at the forest of death