Chapter 7

"Well what does it say ?" "Girl, what does it say ?" Both Alex and Star asked as they were both fired up and at the same time, tired of the anticipation. "It says that I'm pregnant," Simone said as they all stood there, frozen from the shock. Sure, they knew that Simone and Angel had talked about having a baby and that it was something that both of them would want, but none of them expected it this soon. It was as if time had stopped for a second. Finally breaking the silence, Star said, "well it's like what I said with Alex before. There's something called condoms and they're a great invention for the family." Star, again, just couldn't help herself. "I told you already that Angel and I did use a condom, it just must've broke," Simone said, already annoyed with Star. Neither Simone or Alex was surprised from Star's comment. "Star, could you lay off for a second ? It's not like they meant for this to happen right now," Alex said, defending Simone. "Also, could you, out of all people, be saying anything about some condoms, Ms. Mom ?" Simone snapped back, being defensive. "Yeah I do, cause y'all can learn from me," Star said. Simone rolled her eyes and sat on her bed. Feeling bad, Alex and Star sat next to her as started to comfort her. "I very much remember that we wore a condom as Angel and I was very serious about protection, but in the moment, everything was moving so fast and we were just so infatuated with each other," Simone said, trying to explain herself. "Simone, you don't have to explain yourself. Stuff happens and like you said, condoms break. It's not yours or anyone's fault," Alex said, giving her a side hug. "Yeah exactly lil sis, it's just all about what you and Angel wanna do from here on out now that you're officially pregnant. I remember at Angel's and Cassie's party, you told me that you felt as though you were ready to start a family with Angel so maybe this happened for a reason. It may have not happened when you expected it to, but it still happened," Star said. "Yeah I know and I still want that with him, but I'm afraid of everything else that comes along with it and it's so scary to think about. I didn't expect it to happen this soon. My biggest fear is that what if I'm not gonna be a good mother ? I always wanted to be a mother but I don't wanna end up like mama. I want to be the mother that this baby deserves and i want this baby to have everything that me and Angel didn't have. What if I mess up ? What if I end up being disappointing myself and everyone, especially our baby ?" Simone said, all on the brink of tears. While she did want a family with Angel, she was scared out of her mind. "Simone, you took care of Davis while I couldn't and you did such a fantastic job with him; you're his favorite. You're one of the most caring and loving people I've ever known. You also do whatever it is you have to do to protect the ones you love and your actions show that everyday. You're more of a mother than I am; I had to learn to do a bunch of things while you naturally have it. You're never gonna be like mama, you're even better. Also, you are not alone in the slightest. You got us, Miss C, Cotton, Miss Bruce, everyone. We here for you," Star said, very sweetly and in a comforting tone as she gave her sister a big hug. "Also, you clearly have Angel by your side. I've seen how he looks at you, treats you, talks about you, let alone loves you. You're his whole world and I know that he'll be here for you 100%, whatever you wanna do and if you do decide to keep the baby, he'll be the father that the baby deserves," Alex said. Both Alex and Star gathered Simone and they all had a group hug. "But could I admit something though ?" Star asked, with a giggle. "Even though I'm shocked, based on how you two are always getting it in somewhere, I saw this coming sooner or later," Star cackled. She really just has to say it. Since she lives with them once upon a time, she knew what Simone and Angel were doing and it was a lot. "Shut up, Star, you cannot be talking. At least we don't be doing it in no studio," Simone laughed as she lightly shoved Star. "Y'all are some lil nasties like who knows what y'all was doing in that RV," Alex laughed in agreement. "Is that right, Ms. sex tape ?" Simone clapped back. "Plus, you would know something about a RV, should we bring up a certain hook-up with a certain someone ?" Star asked, being a lil shady, matching up with Alex's "girl really ?" side-eye. "Alright alright, whatever," Alex said with a chuckle. It was silent for a moment before Simone broke it. "We something else, aren't we ?" Simone said as they all fell back on the bed, laughing.