Chapter 1

THE HOSPITAL
Simone, Miss C, Cotton, and Miss Bruce were all sitting in the waiting room, awaiting the news of  Angel, Cassie and Mateo and all still in shock from what had just happened. While Miss C, Cotton and Miss Bruce all sat together, Simone was off to herself  with mascara streaming down her face from crying and Angel's blood all over her dress. She couldn't imagine a life where Angel isn't in it, and she didn't want to. She had just gotten him back and while things have been hard lately, she doesn't want him to go anywhere. She almost lost him once and she wasn't about to lose him again. She had already lost so much people that she loved at such a young age, and she wasn't prepared to lose the one person she loves most in the world. 

"I've been waiting for hours !! WHERE IS MY HUSBAND ?!", Simone cried out to the receptionist and the nurses. Miss C got up and pulled simone back to her seat. "Simone, I know you're upset about what happened, but you have to calm down and keep a cool head. He will be ok, I just know it." "YOU DON'T KNOW THAT, MISS C ! Angel could be in there dying right now and there's nothing I could do about it ! Don't tell me to calm down ! I could really lose the love of my life right now ! I can't lose another person, especially Angel !", Simone cried out before Miss C pulled her into a big hug, along with cotton and Miss Bruce.

An hour later, Dalex arrived to the hospital, obviously upset because before this, they had found out that Miss Ruby has died and who killed her, but they wanted to be there to support their family. "Any word on anybody ?" Alex asked worriedly. " the only thing we had got so far was that Mateo was dead on arrival and that the bully went straight to his heart. Angel and Cassie are still in surgery, but we haven't gotten any news for hours," Cotton answered. Alex automatically went to Simone, who was too much in her own head and drowning in her own thoughts about Angel and his fate. Alex had gave her a loving hug, which Simone accepted.

"Families of Angel Rivera and Cassie Brown ?" yelled out a doctor. Everyone automatically stood and anxiously waited for an update. "It's about time y'all updated us. We have been waiting here for HOURS with NOTHING !!," Simone yelled out while everyone else looked at her with "girl calm down" faces. "Our apologies," said the doctor. "Well, Cassie has lost a lot of blood with all three shots being in her abdomen, but we were able to revive her successfully." While Miss C, Cotton and Miss Bruce were all relived, Simone instantly shouted, "What about Angel, my husband ?!" "Now on to Angel, he also lost a great amount of blood and while we were able to stop the bleeding in his shoulder gun shot wound easily, the other one took longer because it pierced a part of his lung and so we had to take out that part of his lung but luckily it was a small part and while he has a road of recovery ahead of him, we were able to revive him and he's going to be ok. God was definitely looking over the both of them during this time. They're both resting in rooms 400 and 401 if you want to see them. Call for me again if you need anything else." Simone was crying literal tears of joy when she heard the news about Angel and instantly ran to his room with no hesitation.

ROOM 401
The sight Simone saw before her saddened her and broke her heart. She couldn't stand seeing Angel with so many tubes and in pain, but the sight of just seeing him alive overruled that and made her so happy. She honestly couldn't bear the thought of not having him in her life, let alone dead.
"Hey baby," Simone said as tears slowly streamed down her face. "You don't know how ecstatic I am to see you." Angel smiled softly and said, "You don't know how glad I am to see you too, Monie." Simone sat down and gripped onto Angel's hand and started sobbing intensely. "Angel baby, I'm so so sorry. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be going through this and you don't deserve this at all. I know it's been real hard for us lately with the terrorists and everything but instead of also being there for you, I was focused on everything else and I'm so sorry. It's just that I've always had no one sticking up for me and I never felt like I had power and the ability to stand for myself or anyone else, and this was the first time I ever felt like I had actual power over someone and that I could really stand for something and be a strong woman. But as far as me doing that, it made me lose sight of everything else, including you. I could tell that you were not ready for all the spotlight yet after the car bombing and that you were having a bad case of PTSD, and I should've never forced you to do that interview with me because you weren't ready. I'm just so sorry, especially since I know that you would've been there for me and not have made me do anything I wasn't ready or didn't want to do. I should've been more there for you." Angel welcomed a spot right beside him on his bed and invited Simone to come to him; an invite that she graciously accepted.
"Baby girl, you can't blame any of this on yourself. None of this or what have happened to me and to us is your fault, babe. I'll be the first one to tell you that you don't have to do anything to prove how strong of a person that you are. It's your experiences and how you came out of them that proves how strong you are. You are the strongest woman, let alone the strongest person I have met in my whole lifetime, and I know that I would never meet anyone stronger. I don't know anyone else that has been though what you have been through, especially at just 18, and instead of letting that break you down, you rose back up even better and stronger with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. You don't have to apologize for any of that, babe. I'm personally sorry for saying that you were just doing it for your career. I know that you were doing everything because you genuinely care. I honestly don't know what I was thinking, but I know I was wrong and I'm so sorry for saying that. You are the person that I care about the most, and I didn't want to see you get hurt or have your safety put at risk. I would never let anything happen to you or have anyone hurt you ever again. I got you and I always got you."

Simone is still crying, but this time it's out of true joy because of his words. "You always got me as well, angel baby. I don't ever want anyone to come for you either and I know that you were just looking out for me. One thing that I love about you is that I'm always your first priority and you always look out for me. You're the most important person to me. I'm just so grateful to see you alive right now. I love you so much." "I love you too, monie." They laid down together and held each other lovingly. Simone rested against his chest and is quietly thanking God that after all the people she has lost, He had Angel stay with her.

(Authors Note - how was the first chapter ? Did y'all like it ? Are y'all excited for what's to come cause I know I am

(Authors Note - how was the first chapter ? Did y'all like it ? Are y'all excited for what's to come cause I know I am. (BTW- "Monie" is a nickname for simone) Thank you guys SO MUCH for reading PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AS YOU READ
😘♥️)