Attendant Delivers Something to her Lord

"Okay, don't let even a single mouse pass through! Tighten security and make a proper blockade around Rachel!"

At Prince Elliott's direction, a number of knights were placed around a certain dungeon. Several knights from the Knight's Order took alternating shifts, concealing themselves, and waiting to seize Rachel's contact with the outside world.

"No matter how you think about it, Rachel must've opened her cell in order to receive new supplies. If not, then there is no way to explain all that new furniture she has. We'll seize the guy bringing things in from the outside, and in front of her eyes we'll make her feel our starvation tactics."

Sykes was explaining the strategy to his fellow knights. He dared Rachel to listen from inside her cell.
Each knight would hide in the shadows of some nearby plants or trees, keeping an eye on the ventilation window in a plan to capture any of her essential agents who carelessly approached. If her last ray of hope were to be captured before her eyes, then Rachel would assuredly give in.

"Absolutely........it sounds like there is still no movement from the Duke's house, just what is going on?"

Elliott was muttering to himself feeling irritated. Not only was the Duke's house not making any moves to rescue her, but the Duke and his wife have gone in the exact opposite direction and gone on a trip.

"Are they unable to grasp the current situation!? Don't they realize their daughter has been accused of a crime and arrested!? Normally you'd send in at least one care package!"
"Your Highness, do you want them to send supplies to Sis? Do you not want..........?"

Elliott was stunned for a bit at George's point, but he eventually managed to work up a reply.

"Of course it is out of the question for that care package to reach Rachel. However I would like those parents to try and show their feelings by having some sweets delivered. Seriously, what is the Duke doing!?"
".......Should I have something delivered from the nearby store under Father's name?"
"Hmm, I'll eat them right in front of her eyes."
"Ah, you were thinking of some proper harassment........."

In the meantime there was someone who wasn't paying much mind to the fuss being made outside. Today as well Rachel had put on her eye mask, diving into her bed and making a pleasant sigh as she drifted off to sleep.

Being busy today just like every other day with his own work plus the work of his Lord, the butler was just finishing up when Sophia appeared before him.
Their Lady's attendant looked ready to go out wearing a nice mantle with a hood pulled over her head.

"Jonathan, I'm going to meet with My Lady."
"Ah, is that so. Please be sure to tell all the other servants."

The butler's hand quit writing as he raised up his face. And then hardened at what was said next.

"Meia and I will be going on a business trip together for two or three days, so don't expect us back until then."

Even though there's no Lord present, why would a couple of maids have to go on a business trip?

Thinking about it for a little bit, Jonathan once again began signing documents without saying anything.

"Alright. Take care."

It's pointless to worry about details when it comes to the Lady.

Sofia headed towards the royal palace, walking into the side entrance of a store at a nearby city block.
Showing her face in the office, she received a report from the representative of the company.
It was a front masquerading as a legitimate business. This was where they covertly made contact with remote areas. Where they prepare supplies for their Lady. Where they work to fulfill the requests their Lady has specifically asked of them.........so, this shop close to the Duke's home was the Black Cat Firm, base for Sofia and the other members of the Dark Night Black Cats.