Noblewoman Lazes Through the Day

Rachel stirred as the morning sun hit her face, and she awoke.
Unlike a wise man she inelegantly raised her body that was buried in the soft cushions of her sofa, and began rubbing her eyes with the back of her hands for a while. Rachel wasn't proud to admit that her ability to wake up wasn't that great.
.......In addition, she had been concerned about the continuation of the novel she had been reading last night, so she had stayed up late.

"........It's useless........I can't get up."

Right now, there was nothing that could be done.
Rachel had already turned over on top of the sofa, and with her back to the sun, she let sleep take her once again.

Elliot awoke after a fierce impact struck his futon.

"Wh-what's going on!?"

Sykes was standing before him, holding a blanket with a blunt look on his face.

"Your Highness, it's already time to get up."
"Like this, isn't this too sudden!? Mou, aren't there better ways to do it!?"
"No, that is......"

Looking at the those gathered around Sykes, there was the head maid and a second team of maids already doing some of the cleaning.

"Ah........"

He had been pushed to act by these people.
Even if he were to ignore Sykes, the next stage would be harassment from the sound of the head maid barking out orders, and the unfamiliar sound of cleaning going on around him.
Elliott understood there was no chance for him to forcibly choose to go back to sleep, so he begrudgingly slid off his bed.

Having slept until midday, Rachel brewed herself some tea, and with the lightly tasting drink in hand, she started opening up some wooden boxes.

"What shall we do for today's brunch....."

While looking over the canned food organized by type,  Rachel, "I had fish yesterday......" was thinking about what to have while talking to herself. Well, in truth there weren't that many types to be had though.
You have to watch what you eat since prison life doesn't allow for much exercising, so with the menu assembled accordingly, she had to carefully make a decision........in other words, she had some free-time and was idling it away.

"It's fun deciding a menu for yourself."

Her menu was decided, but not yet created.

Because yesterday was spent running around and goofing off, today's schedule was even harsher under stricter surveillance.

".....Oi, isn't this too much for just going to the toilet?"

So Elliott complained, but the tough civil servant shook his head.

"Yesterday you left the room saying, 'I'm going to the toilet,' and then never came back to the room until nightfall."
"........That was, well, that's.......the toilet wasn't available, and I was looking for another!"
"Your Highness's personal toilet was already in use?"

After returning from the toilet, officials from each department guard the windows and doorways with documents in hand.

"So Your Highness, already those documents that were to be approved this morning are late. We won't have time to take lunch in the dining room, so we've prepared you a sandwich."
"With no break!?"
"You slept well enough yesterday..............?"

Rachel grew tired of reading, so she began knitting instead.

"Hmm, it's nice doing it........but what should I knit?"

The Jack of all trades Rachel, she had the means, but had to first decide what she wanted to do with them.

"Thinking about it.....in the first place, it's the season to make something out of yarn..........."