He sighed. And then, he suddenly had a flashback...

(A/N: do you remember the chapter where taehyung had to feed jungkook bc of his injury? i never explicitly described this scene so i could make this flashback 🤩
but yes, here's what happened)

..."What happened to you anyways, Jungkook? Did you seriously fall this hard?" The ravenette shook his head, his expression darkening.

"Chris tackled me, that son of a bitch. And that without a reason!" The two of them sat themselves on their favourite table, the one far away from everything else. It was quiet and peaceful, just how they liked it.

"I never liked him. He's so mean," Taehyung mumbled. He felt Jungkook look over to him and felt a blush creeping on his cheeks.

"He's a dumb bastard, that's what he is," the younger grumbled. "Anyways, will you help me open this lid?" He pointed towards his drink, a banana milk bottle.

"Banana milk again? I swear, you drink banana milk like others smoke cigarettes." The blonde giggled, opening the lid of the bottle.
"So, what do you wanna eat first? Ramyeon or eggs?"

"Ramyeon, definetely." Taehyung nodded, grabbing the chopsticks and placing his palm under Jungkook's chin gently as soon as he had caught enough noodles between them. His heart was beating wildly by doing so.

As he brought the chopsticks towards Jungkook's mouth, he felt like he was actually taking care of his lover. It was strangely... domestic.
And the worst thing about them all, the younger kept smiling all the time!

Part of that smile looked like he was trying to mock or tease him and the other part looked like he was really enjoying it.
And it confused the heck out of Taehyung.

Every time he brought the pair of chopsticks towards his best friend's mouth, he could feel his hands slightly shaking and his insides feeling all mushy and soft.
That goddamned smile...

It took a good while until the whole bowl of Ramyeon was finished, occasionally Jungkook would also ask for some eggs and vegetable.
Jesus Christ, Taehyung felt like he was taking care of a literal baby.

Finally, nothing except for the bottle of banana milk was left.
"I'm pretty sure you can drink this by yourself, Jungkook."
The ravenette grinned and shook his head. "My finger hurts."

"Seriously, Kook? I'm not your mom!"
He still had a shit-eating grin on his face.
"Really? Could've fooled me."

The blonde groaned, trying to sound annoyed when in reality, he still felt like dying over the other's clinginess.
"Fine. But be careful."

For this one, Taehyung had to lean extra close to Jungkook's face since the opening of the bottle wasn't very big.
The older felt like fainting at the close proximity, at this point, he could've counted his eyelashes if he wanted to.

Enjoying this moment and trying not to give in and accidentally lean in, he fed the bottle to the other without any mishaps, luckily.

By the time he was finished, he suddenly came to realize that he had completely forgotten to eat his own lunch as he was way to preoccupied by feeding Jungkook.
The things you do for love...

"Oh shit, you didn't eat. Sorry Taehyung, I didn't realize."
Taehyung indicated that it was okay, with a hand gesture.
"I wasn't that hungry anyway."

"You need to eat, Taehyung. We still have fifteen minutes left, go on."
The blonde opened his mouth to protest, but he got cut off again.
"Don't protest, okay? Food is important. Now start eating or I will make you."

Ignoring his heart fluttering, Taehyung giggled. "And how do you plan on doing that?"
The ravenette shrugged.
"I have my ways, Taehyung. Now start eating, won't you?" With his healthy hand, he pushed the tray closer towards the now flustered boy.

"O-Okay. Fine."

"Thank you, by the way. For feeding me, you know?"

°○●○●○°

Taehyung sighed. "Such a beautiful memory, I remember when he used to be really cheeky and funny, it was adorable. He made me smile so much," he muttered.

"But now he's so different, so serious. So demanding. Distant, even. I miss the old times, where he actually used to care about my feelings," he continued.

"Was that selfish of me to say? That was totally selfish of me to say, damn you, Taehyung. It's not like it's gonna make me love him any less."

"Ugh, it's just-- I can't help but wonder..."

...What happened to us?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: i feel like this chapter has too much cursive (or do you say italics? idk) writing, sorry

anyways this was kind of a nostalgia filler chapter, i guess? in the next one, there's finally gonna be some action yay

thanks for reading, as always💜💜💜
love you guysss)