Chapter 25

"Is something the matter with you, darling?"

Jungkook looked up from the table briefly and shook his head.
"No mom, just a bit tired... from football practise."

Mrs. Jeon sighed as she laid her chopsticks on the edge of the plate.
"I've been raising you since were a fetus, I know that face. C'mon, spill."

Jungkook exhaled slowly as he gripped his chopsticks tighter. "I had a fight with Taehyung and now he's mad at me."

"Oh noo, my babies. You haven't had a fight for years now, any plan how you're gonna fix it?" She frowned, sucking in her lips.

Jungkook shrugged. "Dunno, I said some pretty mean stuff. Don't you think I should give it some time?" She shook her head.

"Trust me, the earlier this is fixed, the better. Taehyung's probably just as hurt as you are." Jungkook sighed, drowned in thoughts.

"Okay, but if he hates me even more after this, it's your fault!" She chuckled.
"Fine." They started eating again.

___________

"Why aren't you eating, honey? Are you okay?"

Taehyung smiled softly, nipping from a glass of water.
"Just a bit tired mom, it's fine."
He could hear his father scoff from the other end of the table.

"What a pathetic excuse."
Taehyung huffed silently while rolling his eyes, already fed up with his father's snarky little comments.

"Don't you think I haven't seen that. I think you ought to be taught some manners, I do not approve of your attitude," his father spat quietly, but harshly.

"Thanks for the food, mom. I'm just not hungry, sorry."
Clearly having enough, Taehyung rose from his seat and walked out of the dining room without sparing the older man a single glance.

"That disgraceful little boy. Someone needs to show him his place," Mr. Kim tutted wrathfully, his mother not saying anything.

While walking down the corridor, Taehyung felt his heart clench.
I am just a disgraceful little boy, huh?

In his room, he slipped into his bed and draped the covers over his whole body, not wanting to do anything but drown in his own grief.

First, the fight with Jungkook. Then, his father making him feel worthless, once again. What was next, the end of the world?

Suddenly, he heard a loud knock on his window.

Now's not the time, Jungkook.

And again.

And again.

For heaven's sake... Should I get it?

The knocks didn't stop until Taehyung rushed to his window and opened it for the other to climb through.

"What do you want, Jungkook?"

"You. L-Listening to me, of course."

"Kay. So, what do you have to say?" The blonde took a seat on his messy bed, Jungkook following and taking a seat right next to him.
They were close. So close their knees were almost touching.

"I'm really sorry for all that stuff I said, I didn't mean any of it. You're not dumb and you're not naive. And you can hang out with whoever you want, it's your decision. I was being too protective, sorry." Jungkook lifted his gaze off the floor and did something he had never done just like that before: He grabbed Taehyung's hand and pulled it onto his lap, intertwining their fingers.

And no matter how much Taehyung wanted to stay mad, he couldn't ignore the wild beating of his heart.
"I'm also sorry, for overreacting. And yes, I forgive you," he spoke quietly.
Taehyung also did something he had never done just like that before: He laid his head onto Jungkook's shoulder carefully.

The younger didn't comment.
"You didn't overreact, I was seriously being a dick. Thanks for forgiving me, by the way. You're so good to me." The younger put his head on top of Taehyung's catiously.

"You're welcome." The both of them smiled, feeling their hearts beat fastly. Forgetting all of their problems and their worries, they just stayed like that and enjoyed each other's presence, not knowing that their feelings were, in fact, shared by one another.

Neither of them said a word, but their heartbeats practically spoke for them.
While Jungkook couldn't stop staring at Taehyung's long, slender fingers wrapped around his own with adoring eyes, Taehyung felt his tummy rumble with butterflies every time he inhaled and Jungkook's scent entered his nose.
And both of them subconsciously smiled.

He smells so nice, like the scent of a fresh summer breeze mixed with the scent of fruity shampoo, Taehyung thought while closing his eyes and practically losing himself in the younger.

His fingers are so pretty, just like the rest of him. They're so smooth and soft, just like silk. I wish I could kiss them, Jungkook thought, also closing his eyes and thinking about how damn lucky he was to even be in Taehyung's presence.

Soon enough, both of them asked themselves the same question:

Is this normal for friends?

And neither of them got an answer, though their feelings answered it for them:

No.

After a few minutes of remaining in this position, Taehyung pushed all of his thoughts aside and removed his head from Jungkook's shoulder, facing him.

"My parents are going out tonight. Do you wanna do something?"
He could see the younger smiling cheekily, nodding.

"Let's get drunk."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: a bit shorter than usual but oh well

thanks for 6k reads btw💜💜 )