"To keep up with the Joneses?" Kie suggested, glancing at the woman from the corner of her eye.

"No." She said sternly, "So you could have the same experiences that I had as a child. Honey, do you know what the Island Club is?"

"A factory farm for debutantes." Kie suggested as Fallon covered her laugh with a cough. 

"It is a nice place." She said, reaching forward and placing her hands on either side of Kie's face, "With nice people, where you can do fun stuff."

"With out of touch rich people, while the island sinks slowly into the ocean?" Kie deadpanned.

"Okay, I want you to put on your party face, Kie, if you want to live." She said lowly, "And if you want Fallon to stay."

"Fine." Kie huffed, discreetly rolling her eyes as she looked toward Fallon. She sent her friend an apologetic look as her mom left the room. 

"That was... awkward." Fallon cringed, turning to look at Kie, who nodded. "But I'm.. kind of excited to go. Does that make me bad? A Kook-sympathizer, or whatever John B calls it."

Kie laughed and nodded in agreement, "Yeah.. But, uh, we should go before my mom drags us down the stairs."

~~

"Look!" Fallon rose her hand, stopping Kie in her tracks. She rose her free hand and pointed over to Pope, who was helping his dad set up his station. "It's Pope! Let's go say hi."

Kie's lips curved into a grin, her eyes brightening as she nodded excitedly. "Okay."

The two girls rushed over to Pope, trying to silence their giggling as they stopped at his station. 

"Excuse me, sir, do we have to shuck these ourselves?" Kie asked in a fake posh accent. "'Cause it might mess up our costumes."

Pope's shoulders slumped as he begrudgingly turned to look at them. His eyes brightened and a grin found its way onto his face at the sight of Kie. "We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

Fallon grinned, pulling Pope into a hug after he finished the handshake with Kie. "Fancy seeing you here."

Pope laughed, shaking his head as he turned to look at Kie, who had her eyes on the crowd slowly beginning to form. "That accent was bad."

"Yeah, it was. I was gonna let it go. " Kie laughed in agreement, "You guys ever see this many Kooks in one place?"

"Yeah," Pope answered, "Last year."

"We're in the lion's den."

"Exactly." 

Fallon shuddered when her eyes landed on Topper and Kelce, a strike of pain hitting her cheekbone as she looked down. She turned her head to look at Pope when she felt his eyes on her. "Have you heard from JJ?"

"No," Kie shook her head. "He'll be alright. He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach."

"Not since yesterday." Fallon answered. "Before his dad picked him up from the station."

"You're not allowed to see people there, though.." Pope trailed off, "Because we're all minors."

"I broke down in tears and told Travis, that was the dude at the front desk, I told him I was pregnant." Fallon answered, reaching forward and picking up a fancy champagne glass from the tray. "And he let me in."

Pope blinked, shaking his head and sharing a look with Kie. "What?"

"Nothing, doesn't matter." Fallon waved him off, raising the glass to her lips. "Don't worry about it."

 "It's all my fault." Pope sighed, looking down at his feet in shame.

"Bull." Fallon scoffed, "You didn't do anything wrong."

"Yeah, you didn't do this, Pope." Kie agreed. "Topper almost killed you, remember? Rafe hit Fallon."

"Still hurts." Fallon joked, her smile falling when applause erupted around her.

Kie grimaced, rolling her eyes as the Cameron's made their way out. "Here come Lord Capitol and the Exploiters."

"She's definitely gonna poke someone's eye out with that." 

"It looks like a throne from Game Of Thrones." Fallon let out a low whistle as he watched Topper pull Sarah to the side, annoyance dripping from his expression. "Sheesh, that doesn't look good."

"What do we care?" Kie scoffed.

"Yep." Fallon hummed, watching as Sarah stormed off. "Definitely not good." 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ A/n: shorter chap but dw next chap is,,, fun ;) }

{ Edited: No }