You broke me first (part one) | Briar & Myles

Start from the beginning

"I... Our relationship isn't.. working anymore..The spark just.. isn't there anymore.."

It felt like someone had stabbed on her back.

"Why? Was it something I did? Am I not good enough for you?"

"No. I just... met someone else"

"Oh" She mumbled out. It was so painful. So god damn painful. Knowing he was leaving her, so carelessly. Knowing he was actually walking out of her life. Knowing he had found someone better.

After a few seconds of awkward silence, Briar decided to ask, out of curiosity. Who is that someone else? Are they better than her?

"Who?"

Myles, taken by surprise, looked up at his now ex-girlfriend. Should he tell her? He didn't want to bring up any drama, specially considering they were about to face a week full of tests and assignments.

Regardless, he decided he didn't want to hide anything from her anymore, it wouldn't be fair.

"Cassidy."

Cassidy. The one boys bow down for. The one that has the whole world at her feet, begging for her attention.

The one that was so much better than her, in every aspect.

The tears threatened to leave her eyes more and more by the second, and the more she held them in, the more she felt like she was about to explode.

She nodded at him, before looking down, as he tried defending himself "I am so sorry"

"You should be."

"Bri.."

"No. Don't Bri me."

He sighed, before trying again "I am sorry for how things ended, if I could choose I would choose you, because you're an amazing girlfriend and you are a good person, it's nothing personal-"

"But it wasn't enough for you to stay" She concluded.

"Briar.."

All of a sudden, both of them started to feel rain drops on their skin.

Briar felt relieved. Even if she cried, Myles wouldn't notice.

So she let the tears flow. She let everything she had stuck inside of her out. Silently yet loudly.

"It's raining I need to go... I really am sorry.. See you tomorrow at school... Hope we can still be friends"

Briar didn't say anything else anymore, scared he'd notice her crying.

She just stood there, in the middle of the rain, watching him leave. Leave to go to the one he chose, to the one that was way better than her.

Briar's hair was ruined, and so was her dress and makeup. Everything she had prepared for that night, was now ruined.

But nothing was compared to the pain she was feeling that moment. She had given her whole heart to Myles, and he let it fall, breaking it into a million pieces.

She started crying louder and louder, knowing no one was around to hear it or see her in that state.

After a few seconds, she started running towards her car. She knew she wasn't in conditions of driving back home, however she didn't have any other option.

Her blurry vision, plus the amount of rain drops that fell on the glass, adding to the fact that it was night time didn't help to the situation.

Her crying was still uncontrollable. Her mind couldn't stop thinking. It felt like she was drowning into an ocean. Deeper and deeper into an ocean of endless thoughts and pain.