Mi señorita (Part one) • Bryles

Briar's Point Of View

Oohlala! It's 6 P.M and I feel exhausted. I am very grateful my boss Eric hired me, since I have to pay my bills and college, but I have to admit that working here at his bar can be exhausting. You never know what kind of costumer you're about to face. It could be a normal and polite person, it could be a drunk person, a flirty person or, in the worst case, a drunk flirty horny person.

Sometimes, the costumers leave trash and papers spread on the floor, while some others are extremely rude. However, 'the costumer is always right'. isn't that what they say?

Today I've only had to put up with a rude woman and trust me, it's nothing compared to what I've had to face in the past.

There are two children here right now, with their mother. Those children are making such a huge noise, I think I'm going deaf. Kids are cute, yeah, but come on, why are they this annoying and noisy?

I'm watching them as the woman desperately shushes them embarrassed. If I have kids some day, will I have to go through this? 

While zoning out, I suddenly see a drink being dropped to the floor.

"I said I wanted orange juice!!!"

I immediately get a mop to clean the puddle, while his mother apologises me multiple times. I repeat a "it's fine" with a sympathetic and understanding smile three times.

After cleaning the floor, I go inside to leave the mop on the cleaning room, hearing more noise and that's when I know more costumers have arrived.

Almost melting from the heat, I put my curly blonde hair up in a fast and messy ponytail to get ready to start working. Gladly I have Sydney here to help me.

You might be asking why I don't just resign... well, I need this job to help my mum. Since my dad left us, everything's been difficult. My mum needs the money to pay the bills and debts, because she's also been working a lot, which makes her feel exhausted. My brother moved away, because him and my mum didn't get along, especially after my dad left us with all these debts and bills to pay. 

In life, some people have everything handed to them. Everything. But others, have to work a lot, so they can have a ceiling over them, food on the table and clothes. If you're one of the people who don't have to work for anything to get what they want, then welcome to the real world! At least, my real world...

Myles' Point Of View

I pull my motorcycle up in front of a bar. I take my helmet off my head, before staring at the building. Isn't bad looking. I landed in Chicago yesterday, and I must admit it's a pretty place. America's not very different from Canada, but the environment has always some differences. Gladly, today my dad didn't ask me to go with him to his 'important' dinner with the rest of the entrepreneurs he's working with. I think that this time, we're actually going to stay here. I doubt we'll ever go back to Toronto. Fortunately, Chicago's my mum's hometown so we have my grandparents and aunt living here, making this city more familiar.

In life, I've never had to work for what I wanted. If I wanted a motorcycle, my dad could buy me one. If I wanted a new car, my dad would give me one. If I wanted a new expensive pair of shoes, my dad would fill my credit card or bank account with money and I'd buy three of those. His job makes all this possible. And that is why I used to be so popular. I could have all the girls I wanted. But then when I went to university, I wasn't as popular. I still had tons of girls around e though. Life's always so easy to me...

After a few moments of thinking about life, I finally walk in, and sit on a table. I feel low energised today, which is sort of weird. I'm a high energised person all the time if you ask me.