“Habits from the ones I live with.”

He squints at you and brings his nose to your neck, gently brushing against you.

“What are you doing?” You try to walk away but he just presses his arm into your wrists, making you wince.

“You really make me sick, having all these secrets and then wanting to be a hybrid that you act like you’re one, fucking hybrid-boo.” He lets you go and you stare at his back as he walks to his comfort chair.

“A what?”

“You heard me.”

“You just, did you just call me a hybrid-boo? What even-”

“Get out of my room, I’m sick of seeing your face.” He crosses his arms as he takes a seat, like an old man.

“Fine, but just answer me one last thing.”

“What.”

“What exactly did you do to fail?” You rub at your wrists and he looks at you, feeling slightly guilty at how red he left them.

“I told them to make me upset so I could go feral. They had questioned why, I told them I didn’t want to stay with you. Had I passed, I wouldn’t have a choice.”

“And Jungkook?”

“I didn’t want him to keep sticking to someone like me. As much as I want him near me to watch over him, I don’t want him to be influenced by me or get into any more trouble because of me. I knew what I was doing.”

Your head hangs and you rub your arm, unsure of what to do next.

“I’m sorry.”

He directs his vision to your face which is hidden behind your hair.

“I didn’t think me saying what I could have done to you without their question would have bothered you so much. Had I known, I would have chosen my words carefully.” You dig in your bag and hand him something in a white box.

“Jungkook wanted me to give it to you. He’s still mad, but I think he’d be happy to know you have this with you.” You watch him observe the box and head for the door.

“It’ll light up for him whenever you touch it. Same goes for you.” You walk out and shut the door, walking to your car.

He stares at the box and opens it, pulling out a little ball in the design of a full moon, and a little stand for it. He smiles at the cute design Jungkook had picked out, placing it on the stand on the table near his chair. He switches it on and taps it gently.

Jungkook jumps at his star lamp suddenly lighting up his room. He quickly gets off the bed and kneels directly in front of the lamp, waiting for it to turn off.

Once it does, he taps it softly and Namjoon’s eyes widen when his room lights up from his own lamp. He sniffles and hugs the little moon, lighting up Jungkook’s room once again.

“I’m sorry..” Namjoon cries out and rubs his cheek on the moon, continuously lighting up Jungkook’s room.

Jungkook’s brows furrow at the on and off action of the star, gently picking it up and laying down in his bed with it. He tries remembering the communication lessons Namjoon had taught him in case something had happened.

Jungkook bites his lip and begins tapping out a pattern on the star, catching Namjoon’s attention. He stares at the on and off blinking and realizes Jungkook is telling him something.

“.. / .-.. — …- . / -.– — ..-”

Namjoon’s eyes begin to overflow with tears as he stares at the moon, playing the same message over and over again.