CHAPTER FOUR

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 the weirdo on maple street

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
the weirdo on maple street.

"HEY GUYS? you feel that?" dustin asks looking up at the sky, seeing small amounts of rain falling.

"i think maybe we should go back." dustin said after nobody answered him.

"we're not going back. just stay close. come on, just stay on channel six and don't do anything stupid." mike said walking into the woods, makenzie and lucas following him. and before they knew it, it started down pouring rain.

"well this is great." makenzie rolled her eyes.

"will!"

"byers!"

"i've got your x-men 134!"

"guys i really think we should turn back." dustin said scared, and not wanting to be in the rain.

"seriously dustin? you wanna be a baby, then go home already!" lucas said fed up with dustin being scared.

"i'm just being realistic lucas!" dustin shot back.

"no, you're just being a big sissy!" lucas raised his voice over the sound of the rain.

"did you ever think will went missing because he ran into something bad? and we're going to the exact same spot he was last seen?" dustin said about to cause an argument with lucas, but makenzie but in.

"guys shut up." she said, which made just made dustin start to yell to her.

"no really shut up... do you guys hear that?" makenzie said, after dustin stoped yelling. the leaves around them were moving, like there was some else there. the group got closer together, scared that what was around them might take them like something took will. they hear foot steps come closer, so they turn around and shine their flashlights, only for the light to land on a young girl with a shaved head.

makenzie looked the girl up and down thinking she's seen her before. she she looked familiar to her for some reason. the group of four stare at the girl not knowing what to do, but makenzie was brave enough to step up.

"hey. um are you lost?"

the group ended up deciding to take her back to mike's place so she could warm up and answer some of their many, many, questions.

"is there a number we can call for you parents?" mike asked the strange girl who was now sitting on the couch in front of them.

"where is your hair? do you have cancer?" dustin asked, getting a glance from makenzie.

"are you in some kind of trouble?"

"is that blood?" lucas asked pointing to the blood on the girls nose.

"stop it! you're freaking her out!" mike said slapping lucas's arm down.

"she's freaking me out!" lucas defended.

"i bet she's deaf." dustin said.

"dustin, she's not deaf." makenzie tried, but dustin still clapped his hands in the girl's face, causing her to jump back.

"not deaf."

"guys, she's probably just scared and cold alright?" makenzie said taking a step closer to the girl on the couch.

"mike get her some dry clothes. please." makenzie said and mike nodded walking over to his laundry bin of clean clothes. mike handed the clothes to makenzie, who handed them to the girl. she stood up off the couch and started to reach for the bottom of her shirt, about to take it off. makenzie stoped her in time, while the other boys turned away not wanting to see that.

"here. come with me." makenzie waved the girl over to the bathroom.

"this is a bathroom. privacy. get it?" makenzie explained and the girl nodded walking into the bathroom. makenzie tried to close the door, but the girl stopped her right before she could.

"oh okay. i'll leave it open. i just have to close it a little bit so you have privacy. okay?" makenzie said closing the door over, but not all the way.

"yes." the girl said, which made makenzie smiled that she actually said something.

"well she can talk." makenzie said walking over to the boys who were talking about what just happened.

"okay but she said no and yes. mike's three year old sister says more." lucas threw his hands up, not understanding what was wrong with this girl. lucas and dustin started an argument against mike and makenzie. lucas and dustin wanted to get rid of her, but mike and makenzie wanted to help her.

mike came up with a plan for the 'weirdo' as lucas called her to sleep at his place, and in the morning she would sneak around his house and talk to his mom, and then once she's gone, they will be able to find will. everyone agreed to that plan and started to gather up their stuff to go back home.

"here you go, this is my sleeping bag." mike said handing her a sleeping bag in the fort that they built for her. dustin and lucas has just left, but makenzie wanted to stay behind for a few more minutes to find out more about this girl.

"so, what's your name?" makenzie asked her. the girl lifts up her sleeve to reveal a tattoo that had the number eleven. seeing that, makenzie's heart felt like it dropped out of her chest. she looked like she had just seen a ghost.

"e-eleven." makenzie mumbled. mike and eleven both looked at makenzie. mike was a little confused, and elevens eyes widened, like she was realizing something.

eleven grabbed makenzie's wrist and looked at her wrist hoping something was there, but she didn't see anything. makenzie grabbed the end of her shirt, licked it, then started to rub on her wrist, which made some makeup come off, and revealed three numbers as well.

003