Chapter 8: Abysses of Pain and Beauty

Start from the beginning

A glimpse of that final goal came through to you; a wish which came past everything else in the speaking shadows and made you imagine yourself for a second, along with Henry and Sammy. Even whoever took the place of you and Henry after you both left. You almost saw them reaching for you or circling around the same ink abyss, spun images of dust and light running from demons and angels and ultimately the work that destroyed them... at least somehow...
Your realization in all these words coming to you brought a stricken expression on your face. In this everlasting well of monsters you never saw anything so raw in others, so human. Desire was at the core of it all; it was amazing how all these beings voiced theirs so freely through all their personal pain.

"You all... you're not monsters," you whispered. Despite how you were whispering all was silent after you spoke. "You're human. You've all just... fallen into despair."

Before, you'd partially this and knew you wanted to help them. But now... now you knew even greater, you had a new and perfect view of what exactly all these ink creatures were going through. If you continued to call them monsters then really you were just as much of a monster yourself. You knew you had to get them all out even more strongly now. Only the ink sounded surging around when you finally put this together to your lips and voiced it.

"I want to save all of you, that's my wish. No matter who you were before. I-I don't know what it will take to do it, but I can say I won't walk away from this place- if I even can or will- until you're all free. Because... well, it's kinda hard to say clearly I guess, but back when I worked here in the earlier days I never felt so excited to come and see so many people, to bring characters in a story. This studio looks like hell now. But it used to be everything in its time before an ink machine came to it and it helped me begin my career. It helped me get a dream I cherished as well as giving me an even bigger shot at a dream I still want to see. So I believe I should help all of you. Save you. I want to save all of you, that's my wish."

Brightness moving past your closed eyelids hinted at gold in the light you tilted your head up to during your small speech, though you were suspicious to find everything surrounding you was gold once you opened them. All pain you felt flood in shed along with any previous cries or whispers. Not only was the light above resemblant to sunshine now, but so was the ink rotating in the abyss. It was all a quiet and peaceful shade of glowing gold. Unknown to you while you looked around, a young woman with swirling hair and bright eyes made of the same golden ink matching a spiral mark on her hand was watching you from where she floated above you. Her smile was clear as you closed your orbs off from the strange tunnel again, taking it all in. She was sure you'd have your time to meet her once you came back.

Again you opened those eyes of yours, seeing something new. This time, you didn't know what to think.

Bendy.

Bendy was in front of you.

He sat on top of a Miracle Station in what looked like one of the open areas of Level K, his legs dangling over the front and swinging through the air in a carefree manner. The demon was also looking straight at you with a smile on his face.

...You didn't know what to make of the situation. To say the least, you didn't know what to make of HIM. Back when you wrote the plot of the show Bendy was your favorite character to bring to life, he had a mischievous yet sweet personality which made him have very interesting goals as a character and in turn made him very fun to characterize. Not only that but the music Sammy composed centered around Bendy always sounded nicer to hear from your department. While you'd grown attached to the other characters Bendy was the start of it all, and you were a smidge closer to him. Then again, you never thought you'd really ever actually meet this character you helped create.
After being startled by all those cutouts watching you in nearly every hall it was hard not to be wary of that smile. The horned creature wasn't innocent- instead of being one the desperate voices in the ink abyss, he was the one who got most of them in such a place. From what the splattered words on the wall read and the frightened whispers mentioned he had every level in a fierce and clawed grip.