Chapter Seven

Y/N was quite surprised when she found herself being called to the training grounds, where the class of 2-A was gathered. Aizawa was the first to approach her, while the students all stayed back, whispering excitedly to her.

"I hope you don't mind, but Nezu wanted to put you against the students in battle. Of course, they don't have Pokemon, but you'll still be able to use yours despite that," he explained to her. "You said you could take quite a bit of damage, correct?" Y/N nodded. "Good. Then if you're fine with helping them train, we should get started. I'm not going to force you to do this if you don't want, though."

Y/N nodded. "Who am I going against first?" she asked, stretching until her joints clicked and her muscles loosened themselves.

"Me!" one of the students yelled. He stepped forwards, revealing spikey blond hair, red eyes, and a posture that just screamed "I'm better than you". Y/N looked him up and down, and before Aizawa could protest she nodded and motioned for him to get over to her.

He looked a bit angry at her nonchalance and stopped his way over to her, tiny explosions going off in his palms and a sneer on his face. "You're our age! Don't act like you're all high and mighty!" he said.

"Coming from you," she said. Before he could yell again she switched the topic. "I like your hair by the way." He calmed down at the sudden switch, taken aback by the compliment. "How do you get it to stay so spiky?"

He reached up and touched his hair lightly, still slightly confused but seemingly accepting the compliment.

"I know exactly who to use against you," she said. She picked up one of her Pokeballs, tossing it into the air where it released with a click, letting Amzi out. "Start with Dragon Darts!"

Amzi let out a battle cry, and immediately he flattened himself, shooting the Dreepy in his horns who screamed with delight, knocking into the blonde and pushing him back some. Y/N took the time he was distracted to charge at him, landing a kick to his stomach.

"Don't be afraid to fight back against the babies. They may be small but they're ferocious and can tank some hits!" she told him. The blond smirked and grabbed her shin when she went for another kick. He twisted so that her leg was over his shoulder, causing her to stretch so that her other foot could be on the ground, and he lifted her over his shoulder by her foot, flipping her onto the ground where she landed with a harsh thud.

Y/N barely even took a split second to recover, and she was rolling out of the way by the time he had positioned his hand over her. Just in time, too, because before he even realized she was gone he let loose an explosion that left a small crater in the ground.

Y/N was, at the very least, impressed. But not enough, however, as he had left himself vulnerable for a split second, and she tackled him from behind, pushing his hands under him so that he couldn't explode her again.

She was hoping that he would give up at that point, but he didn't. Instead, he pushed himself off the ground, with Y/N still clinging onto him. She had to wrap her legs around his chest and dig her nails into his shoulder to not get dropped, but he didn't seem to mind. He lifted his hand up, pointing it at her, and setting off an explosion that knocked her off and away from him.

She rolled for a minute once she hit the ground, but she still wasn't hurt to the point where she had to forfeit. Granted, his explosions were much more powerful than the ones Pokemon produced, but she was still very powerful. She had grown up used to being beaten up, and then she had trained by being consistently beaten up beyond her limits until her endurance rivaled even that of some Pokemon.

He began running at her again, but Amzi took that as the perfect opportunity to drop the cover that Phantom Force gave when in use, and he spun rapidly, smacking the Bakugo on the back of his head. Of course, this only led to him getting angry again, and Amzi had a decent sense of self-preservation so he used Phantom Force again, melting into the cover of shadows once more.

"Show yourself and fight!" Bakugo yelled, turning around angrily, hoping to catch sight of Amzi before the dragon appeared again.

Amzi appeared right in his line of vision, letting out a screech as he turned to smack Bakugo again. He was hit with an explosion, causing the dragon to stumble back a bit, but he quickly recovered and shot both of the Dreepy at Bakugo, which said blond wasn't so lucky as to dodge both.

He managed to set of an explosion on Asta, leaving hed to be flung across the arena as she squealed at the rush, but Azaiah hit him head-on.

He looked around wildly for Amzi, and he didn't even notice Y/N, who was running at his back. She jumped, one of her knees forward, and took him to the ground, driving her knee into his back and keeping him pinned to the ground. She quickly grabbed his hands, holding them palm-down against the ground so that he couldn't set off any more explosions.

They both were panting, and Y/N asked him if he wished to continue fighting. His classmates watched eagerly, hoping to see more, but were disappointed when he shook his head.

"Bakugo had forfeited the match," Felice announced, having just arrived apparently. "Y/N is the winner. Big surprise there." She muttered the last part, and Y/N chuckled as she climbed off of Bakugo, reaching out a hand to help him up.

He was panting, and no doubt had at least some pain between his shoulder blades where Y/N had pinned him down at. Y/N was also panting a bit, but seemed to be in much better shape than Bakugo.

"Damn," he said. "Those small guys are really strong, huh?"

"Yes, especially when they're being shot with that much force," Y/N told him. "To be fair, that match could have ended up differently if you'd had your own Pokemon to battle with. It's generally easier when there's two opponent versus two, instead of two v one."

Once again questions rolled in. Plenty of people were happy to give Amzi and the two Dreepy some attention, and the Dreepy were both living for it. After any particularly exhilarating match, they always looked forwards to the affection that was doled out afterwards.

"Everybody, be quiet," Aizawa snapped. The students all quieted down almost instantly, and Y/N was silently glad to have been saved from the bombardment of questions.

"It's understandable that they have questions, Aizawa," Y/N said, not bothering to put 'mr' or even just 'sir' in front of it. "We've only just come here, and since everything about us is new and strange, they're curious."

"Where did you get these guys, anyways?" Midoriya- the boy with the green hair- asked.

"Ah, well there's a different story for each of my partners, but Amzi specifically I had met when he was just a Dreepy, like these guys," she explained. "He was lost, and cold, so I nursed him back to health and we just never parted ways afterwards. Asta and Azaiah, however, were found nearly starved to death after a Froslass took out their mother. Amzi took them in, and they've been with us ever since."

There was a chorus of aww's from the students, and Amzi levitate over so he could be behind Y/N. He rested his head on hers, just as he would do when he was a Dreepy. It was a comfort thing, and Y/N was always happy to let him do it.

"It was quite funny when he evolved into a Drakloak, though. He carried around Jesse on his head when he was just a Yamper," she told the students. "Drakloak are known for carrying Dreepy on their head, and they've been known to let any Pokemon sit on their head if they don't have a Dreepy for it, because it's relaxing for them."

"How do all three of them get in the same Pokeball if only one can get in each?" someone asked.

"Uh, magic or something I guess."