Prologue

Y/N desperately waited for her friend to appear, having not seen the woman for years now. The last time she had seen the fiery blonde was when she had become Champion almost four years ago, and even then it was just a quick drop by to congratulate her before she left again.

Jesse whined, nudging his trainer's hand with his snout. Y/N looked down to the Boltund, and she scratched behind his ears. Finally, she saw the boat on the horizon, and Jesse immediately ran into the ocean, jumping excitedly.

"Jesse, get back here!" Y/N scolded halfheartedly, chuckling at her Boltund's antics. Jesse got back onto the shore and shook himself off before running back to Y/N. "You're excited to see her, too, huh?" She chuckled. "Or perhaps you're just excited to see Razzle and Dazzle."

Her Boltund yipped and licked his trainer's hand. He and Felice's pair of Lycanroc had always been close, considering they had practically grown up together.

Finally the boat docked, and Y/N rushed to greet her friend, who did the same. The blonde still looked pretty much the same, with her flowing white sun dress and flower-print handfan. The only thing difference was that now her blonde hair was cut to a little above her shoulders, and the beach curls were more defined than usual.

They embraced in a hug, and Y/N finally relaxed. Felice had become like the big sister or parental figure of their little runaway group, and it felt comforting to be back in her arms.

"How are the rest of you guys doing?" Felice asked. Y/N grinned.

"Better," she responded. "The money from me being Champion has been enough to keep us comfortable, and Vin really enjoys the rescue work she's been doing. There's a lot of injured Pokemon being found in the Wild Area all the time, so she's been keeping busy."

"And Thorn?" Felice asked. Y/N grimaced and Felice seemed to pick up on the meaning behind her actions.

"He's been settling in... less than perfectly. Still," she said the last words with a sigh. "But he's slowly getting used to it. He likes the Toxtricity he found. Both Valkyrie and Volt have been helping him a lot."

"That good to hear, at least," Felice replied. She pulled away, and began leading the young Champion away, not missing the flashes of cameras around them. Everyone knew that Felice was basically a mother figure to the Champion and her friends, and so they all gave her plenty of respect and admiration, as if she didn't already have that being a famous performer.

Once they got away from the prying eyes, Y/N began leading the way to the wild area, where Vin's secluded little area was. It was rather hard to spot if you didn't know where it was, as Vin was always rather reclusive and preferred to be left alone, not to mention the fact that the hurt, wild Pokemon would freak out if they had people constantly going by.

But thankfully, Y/N knew exactly where to go. Felice didn't, but that was because she had been off trying to make money to support them back at Galar most of the time.

After a bit of walking, they came across a small cottage, sheltered beneath a large tree, and tucked away in a large cove that didn't get much foot traffic, and had enough room for all of the injured and weak Pokemon to roam around. Felice seemed impressed, and as they drew nearer she could see Vin's Ribombee, who often helped with the healing process.

They entered the cottage, and were immediately greeted by Vin, who was wrapping a bandage around a Goodra's bloodied tail.

Vin had always been more caring than the others, which made her more suited to this type of work. Thorn and Y/N had always been more fighters than anything, and while Felice did enjoy a good battle, she was always more interested in performing more than anything.