c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e

Start from the beginning

I sighed, resting my elbows on my knees.

What made Storm so mad though? In all the time I knew him, he never struck me as someone who gets mad easily. If anything, he seemed very calm and collected, but calculating, just like how a king is supposed to be.

"We have to do something about this," I stated. "We can't just wait around while Storm is doing god knows what."

Morfia nodded.

" But my father can't know about this," Morfia started. "I was supposed to kill you when I came here."

My eyes widened.

"What?" I whispered, too shocked to say anything louder.

A shiver traveled through my spine.

If Dad didn't give me the necklace earlier today, I would have been long gone by now.

I gulped.

"So what should we do?" I said, my voice becoming higher. "It's obvious I can't do much harm, so I won't be able to help you in any way."

Morfia hesitated, looking at me.

"I don't know."

~

I poured myself cereal as I tried rubbing the tiredness of my eyes. The three of us talked until 4 AM and didn't decide on anything we could do to help Storm.

Dad went to sleep earlier, bidding the both of us goodnight.

It frustrated me so much that we didn't think of any sort of plan to help Mom or Storm.

I could see that he was feeling many emotions; good and bad. Happiness, excitement, and relief for the fact that Mom is alive and sadness, anger, and frustration because Mom was suffering.

I smiled at the thought.

Mom was alive. Our family would finally be whole again.

I breathed out, walking to the fridge as I grabbed the milk.

I frowned. She might as well still be considered dead because I have no idea how we are going to free her.

If Morfia couldn't do it herself, and I knew she was powerful, but how was I supposed to help?

I get that I had that part of me, where I could actually become strong and powerful, but I lived and still live as a mere human.

I screwed the milk closed and put it in front of me. I checked my phone and sighed as I looked at the time.

11:01 AM.

I had to prepare for my shift at 12 at the aquarium.

I groaned.

Not only was I tired and didn't feel prepared to deal with everyone there, but I would also probably be interrogated about Storm.

They probably think I snuck him away and released him to the ocean because of my connection with him.

I snorted, imagining how I would even try to do that.

I duck into my cereal, eating a spoonful of the content, before repeating.

Uh oh. I'm going to start stress-eating.

I rubbed my forehead.

I'm going to have to deal with Dr. Davenport, and I really don't want to deal with him and his annoying antics.

What have I ever done to have my life be as messy as this?

I ate another spoonful of cereal.