#BlackLivesMatter

Growing up in the USA in the 21st century, I have always believed that I was so lucky to live right now and that it is the best time to be alive. I believed that we have finally achieved racial justice and equality, gender equality and that everyone can have the same opportunities and be able to feel safe in their own country, no matter their skin color, gender, and identity. But when I was finally introduced to the real world, nothing could have prepared me for the things I would hear about, see, and read about.

This week, George Floyd has passed away because of racial injustice that is still strong and alive in the US. Floyd and surrounding people have begged the police officer to release him, to let him breathe because he was being killed.

"I can't breathe, officer. They gonna kill me."

George Floyd was a father, a son but most importantly, he was an individual. An individual with hopes and dreams. An individual who deserved freedom, opportunities, love and so much more.

Every single day, black citizens are afraid to be killed, to be hurt, to face violence and judgment, and the only reason behind that is the color of their skin. The black community has built the USA and this is how this country is repaying them? By taking their lives? By making them feel unsafe in their own home? By making them feel like they're not enough because they're black?

George Floyd is not the only black person who had their life taken away because of racism. There are so many innocent African American citizens who have died because of racial injustice, who had their lives stripped away from them because they weren't good enough for society. They are human beings who deserve a life where they shouldn't be afraid of people who are supposed to protect them. They are human beings who deserve to feel proud and love who they are.

I am so sick and tired of hearing another African American lose their life because of racial injustice in this country. I am so sick and tired of African Americans having to fight for the rights that they deserve and have needed from the very beginning of time. Why is this still happening?

White privilege exists, and if you don't believe that, you are ignorant. White people have never felt fear because of how they look like, they never faced judgment for being white, and they sure as hell never had their rights stripped away because society just doesn't deem them worthy of them enough.

I am not black but I am here for you. I am not black but I will stand with you. I am not black but I will alongside you for the rights that you deserve and need. I respect and value each and every one of you.

I never had to be afraid of the police for hurting me due to the color of my skin and I will use my privilege to make sure your voices are heard. I will use my platform to spread awareness. We will not be silenced this time. Enough is enough.

#JusticeForFloyd #BlackLivesMatter #EndRacism #RacialJustice

Please spread awareness and do the following:

text "JUSTICE" to 668366

text "FLOYD" to 55156

blacklivesmatters.carrd.co