Makin Money Moves |29|

Start from the beginning

I heard him coming back down with his paper and he sat next to me with his pencil in his hand.

He gave the paper to me and I looked through it. He got most of them right except for 4 out of the 10 questions.

"Gio look at number 3. It says, Tony wants to buy a toy car for 86¢. He has three quarters and two dimes, does he have enough to buy the car? So how much it's a quarter?" I asked.

"25 cents"

"Good, now how much is a dime?" I went on.

"10 cents" he replied.

"Ight so how much is three quarters?" I asked.

"75 cents"

"And how much is two dimes" I continued.

"20 cents"

"Okay so 75 plus 20 and what do you get?" I asked.

"Ummm 95 cents?" He questioned.

"That's right, so how you get 80?" I chuckled.

He shrugged his shoulders and Erased his previous answer and put the right answer down.

We went over the rest three questions and and I just helped him correct them and when we was done he went back upstairs to his room.

I rolled up a blunt and smoked it cause I was in the mood for some weed. While smoking my blunt, my mind ran off to the meeting I had with sage. I was still thinking about whether or not, I wanted to go.

Paris was a long way and a whole different language, I already knew Spanish and I don't have the time to learn French, matter of fact, I didn't want to learn French.

While I was thinking, my phone went ahead and rang and it was my grandma rose.

"Hello" I spoke into the phone.

"Ayy spañola recuerda" she said through the phone. Spanish , remember.

"Los siento abuela" I replied. Sorry grandma.

"Llamé porque tu abuelo y yo necesitamos ayuda para organizar este encuentro y saludo desde su nuevo trabajo" she explained. I called because your grandpa and I need help setting up this meet and greet from his new job.

"¿Desde cuándo consigue un nuevo trabajo? él fuera del negocio de las drogas?" I replied. Since when did he get a new job? He out the drug business?

"no completamente" she went on. Not entirely.

"entonces qué está pasando" i said. Then what's going on?

"La policía lo detuvo ayer, así que lo forcé a conseguir un trabajo de verdad antes de que tenga que retirarse." She said sounding irritated. The police stopped him yesterday so I forced him to get a real job before he retire.

"¿Qué? le había quitado hierba o algo?" I asked raising an eyebrow. What? He had weed on him or something?

"Ahora ya sabes que tu viejo abuelo ya no fuma ese desastre, solo eran policías racistas en su trasero porque sacó una gran cantidad de dinero en la tienda, así que ahora sospechan que es uno." She continued. Now you know your old ass grandpa don't smoke that mess anymore, it was just racist cops on his ass cause he pulled out a big stack of money at the store so now they're suspecting him to be one.

"¿corrió su número de placa? los federales no deberían detenerlo por esa mierda." I answered. Did he run his badge number? Police not supposed to pull him over for that shit.

"No tuvimos la oportunidad, pero volvimos al tema. ¿vendrás y ayudarás a configurarlo muy rápido?" She said brushing off the topic. He didn't get the chance to, but back on topic. Will you just come over and help set up real quick.

"Sí, pasaré en unos 20 minutos" i agreed. Yes, I'll pass by in like 20 minutes.

"bien, gracias pero tengo que colgar ahora así que te veré y luego te amo, adiós" she said finishing the conversation. Good, thank you but I have to hang up now so I'll see you then, I love you, goodbye.

"Yo también te quiero, adiós" i replied then hung up the phone. I love you too, good bye.

I sat my phone down and went upstairs to go tell gio to get dressed and then I did the same thing after.

Kimani POV- 3 hours later

I walked in my house and shut the door behind me. After putting my keys on the counter sage had called me from her room.

"Yea?" I replied to her.

"Come in here, I have something to show you" she smiled looking at her laptop.

I sat next to her on her bed and she showed me flight tickets. "Uh whats all this?" I asked.

"Weellll, Von and I had planned out a little Valentine's Day vacation" she smirked.

"Why? Valentine's Day not until like two weeks from now" I went on.

"I liked to plan shit early. But him and I were thinking about going to Paris or the Bahamas and I wanted to ask you which one you preferred" she explained.

"Soo what your saying is.. ima be a third wheel?" I asked.

"Not exactly, I have someone for you but we'll discuss it later so pick one" she said to me.

I looked at her and shook my head. "I have a tattoo to do out Paris anyway so we might as well all go there" I answered.

"Paris it is!" She smiled and turning the computer back to her and going to book the flight.

"Make sure it's the day before and who's this person you have for me? Ion like surprises" I admitted.

"Trust the process, I wouldn't set you up with somebody ugly." She chuckled.

"Mhm, well I'm boutta take a shower and cook something later. What did you feel like eating?" I asked.

"Spaghetti" she answered.

I nodded my head and then left her room to go do what I said I was going to do.

I went into the shower and after I cooked up dinner for us.