I look back and see Tom standing just outside the building smiling. He is wearing a white T-shirt with a black jacket and jeans looking good as always.

"So did you like your surprise?"

"Of course I did."

"You kinda ruined it by being late but it was still cute."

I chuckle. "What do you mean?"

"Yeah the plan was to come once you were in class already so Tom was calling you to step outside the classroom and he was going to be just outside the door with the flowers waiting for you but you actually caught us before we even got inside the building." She laughs.

So that's why my phone was ringing.

"Well either way I loved it."

We are lucky enough to not get in trouble once Everly explains to our profesor why are we late. Everyone loves Tom at our school, he's our soccer team capitan and best player as well, so they gave us a pass.

Class went by pretty fast and it's time for break.

Everly and I go sit on a bench just under one of the biggest trees in our patio, and Paige join us almost right away.

"Happy birthday pretty girl." She says giving me a hug.

"Thank you." I say hugging her back.

"Nice flowers. Tom?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say smiling to my flowers.

"Of course." She says as she sits down.

I sit down in between them and decide to bring up something that I've had in mind for a while.

"Can I ask you girls something?"

"Sure" Everly says.

"How do you know when you're ready to give the step?"

"What's step?" Paige asks.

"The making love with your partner step."

"You mean having sex?" Paige asks again.

"Can we leave it at making love?" I shyly add.

"Well it's not something that you know it's just something that you feel." Everly says.

Hmm. Not very helpful.

"Ok but what are you supposed to feel?"

"Horny."

"Paige!"

"Kidding."

"Why are you asking this Kendra?" Everly asks. "Don't tell me that you finally decided to do it?"

"Yeah, I mean I don't know, I think."

"Wait so yes or no?" Everly asks again.

"Ugh it's just that I don't know, I've been thinking about it for a while now and just a few nights ago, Tom and I were kissing in his car and things heated up pretty fast and I thought I wasn't going to stop myself but I did and so did he. At the time I didn't have a head for that, I was going through my whole mum situation but I mean I feel like i want to, but I don't know if it's right."