"...She reminds me of that girl." Jess commented, kneeling next to Kara, and extended her left hand. Kara sniffed her hand curiously. 'You still smell nice...I'll allow it.' Kara allowed Jess to pat her head gently.

"Who? Kara Danvers?" Lena raised an eyebrow at Jess, who forced herself to keep a blank face.

The puppy tilted her head. 'Why would a Golden Retriever remind her of me?'

"Interesting that you jump to that conclusion." Jess stood back up. "It is quite unfortunate she wasn't at Catco yesterday." Jess walked closer to Lena's desk.

'Lena was looking for me?' Kara padded over to Lena, walking around the desk. She sat down beside Lena's chair, glancing up at the brunette. 'Why? We only met two times, so why would she look for me?'

"Anything else Jess?" Lena asked, ignoring Jess's last remark.

Jess looked at her wrist. "Mr. Wales will arrive in 15 minutes. I will let you know when he arrives. Will you keep Kara here with you?"

Kara's ears perked up. 'Yes! That's my name!'

"Really, Jess?" Lena sighed.

"She does require a name, Ms. Luthor. Besides, I think she likes it." When Lena glanced at Jess, Jess gestured to the puppy, who had a happy look on her face.

"That's my name! I'm Kara Danvers!" Kara barked at Lena, standing up on her hind legs, resting her front paws on Lena's chair.

"Kara?" Lena murmured, looking at the golden puppy.

"Yes! That's my name!" Kara had her jaw open, showing a beaming puppy smile. 'You may not know that it's Kara Danvers, but I'll take it!'

Lena started to smile. "Alright. Kara it is then. Jess, can you get some dog tags for her?" Lena rubbed the puppy's head gently for a second. Kara sat back down beside her, tongue hanging out of her mouth.

Jess wrote down the request on her clipboard. "Will do, Ms. Luthor. Will you keep her here during your meeting with Mr. Wales?" Jess asked curiously.

Lena looked thoughtful for a second. "Does Mr. Wales have an allergy to dogs?"

"I am not certain, Ms.Luthor."

Lena sighed. "It would be best that she stay with you for the meeting, just to be safe."

Jess struggled not to smile. Kara padded over to the secretary, smiling widely at the secretary.

"Very well. I already have a place for her near my desk. I will let you know when Mr.Wales arrives." Jess walked out of Lena's office. Kara padded over to her kennel and went to her dog bed, and laid down, resting her head on her paws.

'She's much nicer.' Kara thought, thinking back to when herself and Clark talked to Jess, wanting to speak to Lena about the venture. 'Well, thinking back, Clark had been very cold, and very judgemental. Maybe Jess was just cautious, since Clark was the one to expose Lex.'

'I mean, when people judge Cat to be this bad and seemingly evil woman, I can't help but be defensive as her assistant. Ms. Grant isn't any of those things, and neither is Lena. I suppose Jess is protective of Lena, kind of like how I am of Ms. Grant.' Kara glanced at the working brunette through her kennel. 'Lena was more than willing to take me in, well, puppy me. She has shown me nothing but kindness. Clark couldn't be more wrong about her...oh boy, I wonder how he'll react to all of this...Don't think about it Kara... There isn't anything I can really do.'

Kara kept an eye on Lena for the next couple of minutes.

Beep! Kara blinked and raised her head.

Lena pressed a button on her desk phone. "Go ahead, Jess."

"Mr. Wales is coming up in the elevator. Would you like me to take Kara now?"

Lena leaned back in her chair, and looked at the kennel. "Yes. Come in."

Jess walked in the office a few seconds later.

"The leash is on the desk." Lena gestured to the other side of her desk, where the red leash was resting.

Jess picked up the leash. "Come here, Kara."

Kara stood up from her comfortable bed, and padded over to Jess, then sat down. Jess kneeled down to attach the leash. "She is certainly smart. You think someone may have trained her already?"

"Perhaps. She knew to go to the bathroom on the puppy pads this morning." Lena said, straightening her back in her chair.

"Would you like me to look into a few puppy training classes? For a bit more training? " Jess stood up.

"I'll let you know later today, Jess."

"Alright. Come along Kara." Jess led Kara to the doors of Lena's office.

"See you later Lena!" Kara barked, turning to glance at Lena, before following Jess out of the office.

Now. What to do while Lena was working?