04; ig live & facetime

thalia.mia is live

"let's get it poppin, ladies

"let's get it poppin, ladies." she smiled at the camera after setting her phone down, and let the questions and comments start flooding in.

"where's chase? unfortunately, chase stokes has abandoned me to follow his dreams. super proud of and excited for him, but unfortunately my best friend has been torn away from me." she stuck her bottom lip out in a pout before laughing at her slight theatrics.

"any new music coming out? oh you bet your sweet ass there is!" she smiled widely at the thought, letting familiar melodies run through her mind while looking for a new question.

"where's jer? again, unfortunately, jeremy pope has also run off to be a show stopping phenomenon and has left me all alone in this tiny apartment. disappointed but not surprised." she let out a soft laugh, knowing that most everyone would understand the jokes.

"i keep seeing people say add chase but i don't know if he's even watching." she squinted her eyes for a minute before letting out a small laugh at the comment chase left.

"i'm right here, ya batch."

"alright bub, no need to be rude." she scrolled through the settings of the live and patiently waited for her internet connection to catch up before chase popped up on half of the screen.

"pip!" he yelled excitedly with a wide smile.

"hi bubs." she smiled at the sight of her best friend, though her heart ached at the fact that he wasn't there with her.

"rudy's around here somewhere so if he-" he was cut off but the sound of a loud crash, which made his eyes widen as he looked for the source of the sound.

"sorry!" chase just sighed while thalia laughed gently.

"i'm only going to say it once on this live, though i resent that i have to say it at all, chase and i are not dating so please don't waste your time on asking if we are." chase nodded with raised eyebrows, knowing that if neither of them mentioned it, people would ask the entire time.

"why do you call thalia pip?" chase smirked while thalia frowned softly at the question. "i used to call her pipsqueak, because she's so small-"

"i'm not that small!" she whined softly, but chase ignored her protests.

"anyways, pipsqueak got too long when i needed to yell for her so it turned into pip and now she's pip. or nat, or a slew of other nicknames."

"chase went through a phase in high school where he called me a different nickname every day." thalia rolled her eyes when chase laughed at the memory, remembering some of the bad ones he came up with.

"how'd you think of so many? not all of them were masterpieces, but some of them were absolute gold."

"name the best and the worst one! the best was probably 'katara' when i threw water all over him. if any of you have seen avatar: the last airbender, there's a little treat for you." chase groaned at the memory. though the nickname was funny, being drenched in the middle of a hallway was not.

"the worst was probably noodles." chase laughed loudly at that one, while thalia growled under breath.

"we went to a party one night and totally did not partake in illegal activities, but nat spent the entire night eating like four bowls of ramen noodles." mat rolled her eyes, though she let a small smile slip.

they talked for a few more but chase started to notice the way thalia was shifting in her spot, and picked up on the fact that she was running out of the peppy image. they ended the live with a big wave and a smile and chase facetimed her right after.

"you alright, pip?" she clicked her tongue softly and walked into her kitchen in search of something to eat, but didn't come across anything that did it for her.

"yeah, just ran out of bright smiles and bouncy conversation, i guess." chase nodded with a soft smile, knowing that the girl could only handle so much social interaction at a time.

thalia started making coffee after she realized she wasn't in the mood for anything in her kitchen and waited patiently for the pot to brew.

"how's charleston?" she tried to flip the conversation to a lighter note, and when chase smiled brightly she figured she'd done a good job.

"it's great, honestly. we're having a lot of fun, and i think the show's going to be really good." thalia smiles brightly, loving the sight of her best friend so happy. "you should come visit."

"i will. i have to get through the end of this week of rearranging a few pieces, and hopefully get my mood up a little. but i'll come out soon." he smiled and nodded, not wanting to push the subject. "how's madelyn?"

a blush spread through chase's cheeks, which made thalia laugh. she could tell her friend had grown a special liking towards the blonde, even if he never mentioned it.

"i don't know what you're talking about." thalia rolled her eyes at the poor attempt to dodge the conversation.

"i don't believe that for a second, but nice try. i've known you for over ten years, chase." he sighed softly, knowing that she was right about the entirety of the situation.

"she's good. we're going to hang out after filming wraps tomorrow." thalia nodded, fully intending to drop it after that. "how's drew?"

"what?" her eyes blew wide and chase laughed loudly at her evident shock.

"i can tell you have the hots for him." chase's eyes flicked away from the camera for a moment, but thalia didn't quite catch it.

"i don't have the hots for him, i just think he's hot." chase laughed but rolled his eyes.

"isn't that the same thing, nat?"

"not really. i don't know him all that well because i only really talk to him when i call you and he's there, but i mean, would i let him step on my neck? absolutely." chase laughed again, which made her stare at her phone with a hesitant glare as she set her hands on her hips. "what's so funny, bub?"

she was sure that her brain short circuited when drew's head popped into frame. her eyes blew wide and her hand covered her mouth when she tried to think of an escape plan.

"i think if i stepped on your neck it'd cause a few problems, darlin'." she groaned loudly and threw her head back as embarrassment racked through her body.

"this is why i don't tell you things, chase."