15 - Pocketful of Sunshine

Take me away to a secret place, a sweet escape. 

I turned around to find who I knew I was going to find standing in front of me. My heart sank, beating faster than it ever had but stopping and dropping dead as well. All at the same time. It was so surreal, unbelievable. I could not believe what my eyes were seeing. I gasped. I think I was hyperventilating. It felt like I was. It sounded that way too. I hope it did not show, because I do not look good hyperventilating. Not good at all.

In front of me was one of my five idols, one of my five platonic crushes, one of the most handsome men in the world. In front of me was who had made me understand being different and spontaneous is not a bad thing. In front of me was the guy who made me believe that it is okay to not sleep around. In front of me was the guy who taught me to be there for your family and stand up for them no matter the consequences.

In front of me was the guy who did not care what people thought about him. In front of me was the guy that loved to be weird. In front of me was the guy who was the best friend of one of the sexiest guys with curly hair. In front of me was who made me think straps were cute. Not toms, I really do not like toms, sorry. But there was the guy I had longed to meet for almost a year, standing in front of me casually, his face frowned, probably wondering what fu-taw meant.

“Hi, girls,” he said as if nothing was wrong, as if he was not flawless and had not stolen my heart and captivated my soul, making me unable to speak.

“Hi,” Eleanor greeted from behind me. Of course she did, she is his girlfriend, and she does not see him as an unreachable person like I do. She is the girl that gets his kisses and touches and love. She is his girl. And I am her friend. Oh yes! Thank you god and all other unnatural and natural forces from everywhere in the universe that allowed this to happen!

“H-hi,” I stuttered, if it can even be called that.

“You must be Brittany. I heard great things about you!” he said giving out his hand for me to grab.

I just stared at him, then at his hand, then back at him, then back at his hand. Eleanor coughed awkwardly and I grabbed his hand, coming back to reality. In my mind I was fangirling, jumping around, screaming, squealing, gasping, crying, kissing him, jumping over him, sexually molesting him and fainting and dying and saying ‘oh my god’ every two seconds. In my mind we were getting married as some of my favorite songs played. But in real life, on the outside of my head, I just shook his hand.

“Hey babe!” he said as I let go of his hand. I wish I had not but I had to. If not my meeting with Louis Tomlinson would end with me on jail or anything across that range.

He walked to her and kissed her. I got even more excited. I saw Eleanor look at me, her expression unreadable. I grinned at her, fangirling a little since Louis was looking somewhere else, and she smiled back. Louis sat next to her and in front of me. I recovered my composure. I suppose.

“So, what is fu-taw?” Louis asked me from across the table.

Jesus! Louis Tomlinson is talking to me! He is asking me a question! He is staring at me! He is waiting for my answer! He is sitting in front of me! He is the boyfriend of my roommate!

Oh, he is waiting for an answer. I should answer. I must look like a crazy girl right now.

“Brittany?” Eleanor asked, staring at me worriedly.

“Yeah?” I said nodding and coming back to reality, once more.

“Lou asked what fu-taw is…”