Epilogue - How We Do (Party)

We got that sweet, hot loving. Dancing in the dark. Out in the streets we're running. Shut down every bar.

A year later…

“Hurry up, I need to pee,” my best friend grunted nonchalantly as she tapped her feet impatiently against the airport’s white tiled floor.

“I’m on my way, Kaya, why don’t you go to pee while I get my suitcase?” I grunted back. What did she expect? That I left my suitcase here and went with her? Why did she not leave hers? If I did not get it now, it would end up in a store like Baggage Claim, where lost or forgotten suitcases around the world ended. And I was not okay with that, I much rather have my things with me than being sold at a very low price to other people.

“Ugh, you’re so mean to me sometimes,” she whined and rested against her pink suitcase next to me as I craned my neck searching for mine. I stuck my tongue out at her and then focused back on the spinning roulette trying to find my suitcase. “It’s there! It’s there!” she shrieked waving her arms crazily.

“Where?!” I shrieked back. Some people turned to look at us but I was too focused on getting my suitcase that I did not even glance at them, even if I could feel their gazes burning on my back. I did not even glance at the cute guy checking me out from the other side of the spinning roulette.

“There, you blind woman!” she pointed to a blank spot as I desperately tried to follow suit.

“If you found it, then why don’t you pick it up?!” I yelped, getting fed up by her lack of help.

“Because it’s not mine!” she replied as if obvious and crossed her arms over her chest amused and defiant.

I glared at her. “Kaya!”

“Just pick the damn thing up, Brittany! It’s getting out of sight!”

I groaned and finally laid eyes on my suitcase. I held on tighter to my brown leather satchel and stomped to where the olive green suitcase was resting in a horizontal position. I got it off the spinning thing and got it to its feet, the wheels slightly screeching against the tiled floor of the airport.

“Thanks for your help,” I grunted to Kaya as I walked past her towards the restrooms. She could be so useless at times.

“Hey, wait up!” she complained and I could hear her running after me

“Shut up and go pee,” I commanded as I walked into the restrooms. I laid my suitcase aside of me as I stared into the mirror, taking myself in.

There were bags under my eyes, probably because I had spent the entire flight messing around with Kaya and crying over Safe Haven – do not even ask me why we cried, we cry over every single chick film. And maybe, just maybe, the fact that we did not sleep last night because we were too busy partying at a Parisian club did not help either. But hey, it took forever for us to have some vacations so we had to make the most of it. Even the day before going back to London. That night was probably the wildest we had gotten yet.

There was a flushing noise and then Kaya came out with a dazzling grin. “Are you ready?” she inquired as she stood next to me.

I smiled back. “Yeah, but don’t forget we are here because of you, lazy bum.” I raised my eyebrows expectantly, knowing she would do something stupidly funny in any second.