Zola's Algorithm

Natasha wanted me to stay in the car. She went into the hospital. I looked over to my left to see Loki standing across the street from the hospital. Is my father really gone? Why do I keep seeing him?

A bus blocked my view. When the bus passed, Loki disappeared. Maybe I am imagining that I see Loki. I really hope that I'm not crazy.

Natasha came back outside with Steve. I had to climb into the backseat. "Hey Stevie", I said. Steve looked towards the backseat and saw me.

"Hey Zee. Do you have any idea on how your mom found out S.H.I.E.L.D was compromised?" Steve asks.

"Don't blame her. She's just a kid testing out her powers", Natasha says as we drove off.

"Mom. I saw...him again", I said. "Are you sure I'm not going crazy?" Natasha didn't seem to know what I was talking about until I asked her if I'm going crazy.

"Zia, you're not going crazy", Natasha says.

"How am I not going crazy? He's dead", I argued.

"Who's dead?" Steve asks.

"Loki, I mean Papa is...gone", I said sadly. "We were actually having a better father-daughter relationship".

"I'm sorry about your loss, Zee", Steve says.

"Thank you, but I really really don't want to talk about it", I said. I looked out the window, looking at the sight passing us. The rest of the drive was silent.

_______________________________________

Me, Natasha and Steve arrived at the mall. The three of us had on hoodies. Me and Steve had on glasses. He wore a black Cap on his head.

(Like my pun?)

"First rule of being on the run is don't run, walk", Nat says.

"If I run in these shoes, they'll fall off", Steve says. I laughed a little bit.

We made our way to a computer room in the mall. "The drive has a level six homing program so as soon as we boot up, S.H.I.E.L.D will know exactly where we are", Natasha says as she types into the computer.

"How much time will we have?" Steve asks.

"Uh...about 9 minutes from...now". Natasha plugs in the flash drive. Steve looks around to make sure there was no sign of any S.H.I.E.L.D agents. "Fury was right about that ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands".

"Can you override it?"

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me". Me and Steve looked at Natasha. "Slightly". Steve was still looking around, making sure no S.H.I.E.L.D agents were coming. I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that S.H.I.E.L.D involved to track hostle malware so if we can't read the file maybe we could find out where it came from", Natasha explains.

"Can I help you guys with anything?" A worker asks.

"Oh no. Me and my husband were just finding some destinations for our daughter's birthday party", Natasha says as she puts her arms around me and Steve.

"Congratulations. Where are you guys thinking about going?" The worker asks.

I looked on the screen. Then, back at the worker. "New Jersey", I said with a fake smile. The worker nodded.

He looked at Steve like he just realized something. "I have the exact same glasses", the worker said.

"Wow, you two are practically twins", Natasha says unimpressed.