From Happy tears to Sad tears

After laughing like crazy, I went back to the computer room with a few giggles still in me. On my way down to the computer room, I saw Coulson. "Hey, Zee", he says with a smile on his face.

"Hey Philly".

"Where were you", he asks me as we walked to the computer room together.

"I was in the bathroom, laughing like crazy and sounding like those hyenas from the Lion King", I said.

"Did Stark make you laugh?" Coulson asks. No, but Tony can pull one heck of a joke. I'll give him that.

"Everyone. Tony, Steve, Fury, Bruce and Thor", I said.

"Speaking of Thor", Coulson says. Me and Phil stopped walking. We turned to look at each other. "He's waiting for you in the computer room. He wants to talk to you", Phil said.

"Do you know what it's about?" I asked.

"No. Why?" He asks. I didn't want to talk about this with anyone else. Not Tony. Not Natasha. So, I want to talk about it with my best friend, Phil Coulson.

"When Thor tried to take Loki on our way back to the helicarrier, Thor knew my name before I told him what it was. I'm pretty Loki knew it too. You should have seen the way they looked at me. They seemed shocked and...sad. I think they know something about my birth parents and where I came from", I explained.

"And you're scared to find out something you don't want to find out", Coulson guessed. I nodded. "Zee, whoever your parents are, it's not going to change anything. You'll still be you".

"We'll still be friends?" I asked.

"Of course", Coulson says. I hugged Phil. We hugged for a minute before we let go. We continued walking to the computer room.

When we got there, Thor was waiting for us. Coulson left us to talk, but he said that he would be waiting for me outside of the room.

"Phil said you wanted to talk to me", I said as I walked up to Thor.

"Son of Coul is correct", Thor said.

"I'm sorry about your friend, Eric Selvig", I said.

"Thank you, Young one", Thor said.

"He took over my father's mind".

"Your father?"

"Adoptive, but he's still my father", I said. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"We didn't get a chance to finish our conversation earlier", Thor says.

"You were about to tell me how you knew who I am", I said. "Do I know you? Should I know you?"

"Perhaps not. You were too young to remember me, Little one", Thor says.

"Too young to remember? As in, I was just a baby at the time?"

"Yes".

"Thor, what is going on? Do you know my parents? My birth parents?"

"Yes. I am your Uncle, Zia", Thor says. I looked at him in shock. "And Loki is your father". I took a shaky breath. I ran out of the room with tears threatening to fall from my eyes. "Zia, wait", Thor called out, but I was already out of the room.

I walked past Coulson. He noticed the sad expression on my face. "What's wrong, Zee", Coulson asks.

"I- I'm- He's- I- My", I stammered. I gave up and ran away from Coulson.

"Zee!" Phil called out.

I made my way to the room that held Loki's cell. His back was facing me. "There's not many people who can sneak up on me", Loki says. He turns around to face me.

I walked closer to the cell. "Tell me truth. Are you really my dad?" I asked. Tears began to fall onto my cheeks. Loki walks closer to the glass that is between us.

"Yes, Zia", Loki says.

I walked up to the glass. Loki kneeled to my height. Loki puts his hand on the glass. I put mine against his hand. "Loki, please stop this attack. You don't have to do this", I said.

"Yes, I do have to do this. He won't give me another option", Loki says.

"Who?" I asked. Loki goes silent. "Who is 'he'?"

"That doesn't matter".

"You're being manipulated, are you?" I asked. Loki stood to his full height. He kept his mouth shut. "Loki, tell me the-"

"Enough!" Loki shouts. I took a step back. Loki sighs. "Sometimes we must do things that others dislike".

"THIS doesn't have to be done. You can stop this. Please", I begged.

Loki shook his head. He looks at the control panel. Then, he looks back at me. "I can't do it if I'm in here. If you set me free, I'll stop the war. I'll even be the father that I've wanted to be",Loki says.

I looked at the control panel. Then, I looked back at Loki. I walked towards the control panel. I stopped when I realized that he was lying. He wasn't going to give up.

I walked back over to Loki. "You're lying. So you're trying to use me now? Is that what this is?" I asked in anger.

Coulson comes in. "Zee", he calls out. "What happened? Why did you run away?" I stayed quiet. Do I really want to tell him Loki is my father? I know I tell him everything, but can I tell him that the man who wants to rule earth is my dad? I walked out of the room to go to Bruce and Tony's lab. Coulson follows me out of the room. He stops me again in the hallway. "Zia, please talk to me. I hate it when you're upset. Tell me what you found out. I promise I won't judge you", Phil Coulson says.

I felt more tears come out of my eyes. "I'm...I'm Loki's daughter", I said. Coulson didn't say anything. He pulled me into a hug. I spent a minute crying into Coulson's shoulder before we pulled away. "Thank you for not judging me", I said.

"I'd never judge you, Zee. You can always talk to me", he said. I gave him a small smile.

"I'm going to go check on Tony and Bruce. I'll see you later", I said. I waved goodbye to Phil and walked to the Science Bro's lab.