19. 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞

Date: 10th November
Time: 08:45
Location: The Lee Mansion

Lee Siyeon was at her maternal home, having breakfast with her amnesiac mother.

"So how is everything going, dear?" Miss Lee asked her daughter, Siyeon, pouring a cup of tea.

Siyeon gave her a smile and a laugh.

"It's going well, mom. Thank God, I left this stupid university, I can finally concentrate on what I have to actually do now!" She threw her fist up. "And, that is, destroying Cho Miyeon's life."

Her mother nodded and gave her the cup and sat down to listen to daughter's accomplishments so far.

"So far, we disclosed her best friend's private information and she got outcasted by the whole university. Then, as Mr. Song's new digital advisor, I suggested a plan to get his daughter back," she ranted, sipping her tea. "Her girlfriend left her."

"What are you exactly planning to do? What's your goal?" Miss Lee asked her, before taking a piece of bread.

"For now, I think she's going to hide and...I'm leaving her for some time. I need to figure out something first," she concluded.

Miss Lee's expression changed.

"It's not about my amnesia, is it?"

Siyeon was speechless at this statement.

"I'm sorry, how did you-?"

"I remembered something while going through our old pictures, sweetheart," she said and Siyeon was listening with attention.

I hope it's something that can help us.

"You met Miyeon before when you were six. She was four at the time and she was with her mother. I recognised them as perfectly as I did when I first saw your father with them. She looks like him a lot but I couldn't see any features of her mother. It's like they weren't related. Maybe I was just overthinking...."

She stopped. Siyeon looked angry.

"Thank you, I have to go now," The 22 year old stood up and made her way out of the house to find her girlfriend, Sua.

"How was your visit?" Sua asked, giving her a kiss on the cheek but then saw the furiosity in her eyes.

"Fine," Siyeon replied. "But now, we have something new to work on."

_________________________________

Date: 15th November
Time: 04:09 (CST)
Location: The Song Mansion

Some time passed since Miyeon's death. Nothing was going right though. Yuqi's bodyguards weren't leaving her at all. Sometimes they would even follow her to the restroom.

The only place where she felt safe and alone was her room.

Right now, she was silently sobbing in her bed, holding her pillow tightly.

She missed Miyeon more than anything but there was absolutely nothing she could do about it.

I could have prevented this. I could have been with her right now.

"Miyeon....please, I need you," she whispered to herself but had to stop herself from talking as she heard some sudden sounds from behind her door. She stopped crying and turned around.  The lights were still on and it looked like there was two men outside her room. She got off her bed, made her way soundlessly to the door and placed her right ear against it.