ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ - 𝑰𝒏 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑴𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚

Start from the beginning

Elena smiles sadly "But we're supernatural Jenna... We couldn't involve you knowing you'll be in danger"

"Why tell me now?"

"Because" Kat steps up with a guilty face "-because not knowing is more dangerous for you right now... Can you understand where we're coming from? Do you believe us now?"

She sniffles, wiping her nose with her hoodie sleeve "Yeah... I mean, your mom used to tell me those bedtime stories, about va-vam-vampires, and I- oh my God! No, no, what...?!" she gasps again, flooded with all the information at once. Her breaths come out in gasps and she wipes her eyes vigourously.

"I-I can't, I can't breath, oh my God! Vampires are real, oh my God! You-re, you're you're you, you're gonna die, oh my God...! No..."

Kat gestures all of them away "Give her some air, Jenny? Jenny, Jenna!" she holds her panicking aunt's hands gently, summoning power "Jenna, Jenna! Look at me, come on, look at me, deep breath? Deep breath... I'm here, no one's dying... Calm down..."

Jenna's eyes fill up with tears "Oh my God! I-I can't, I can't keep you safe! Oh no, no no..."

Kat inches back, giving her some space, but not leaving her side nonetheless.

"Jenna.. Jenna..!" Elena tries. 

Shaking his head with a decisive breath, Alaric comes forward, kissing her.

All the kids are too shocked to even turn their heads away.

"Now" Ric breaks the kiss "Was that real?"

Jenna takes a sharp breath "Y-Yes..."

"Do you see me?"

"Yes"

"Do you think I'm gonna let anything happen to the kids?"

"No, oh my God, no" she breaths in relief, a gesture followed by the rest. Alaric smiles "Good, 'cause nothing's gonna happen, everything will be alright, you trust me right?"

She smiles, completely letting go of panic "Yes"

"God I love you" they kiss again. This time, the kids look anywhere but the couple. Jenna smiles after such a long while, hugging Ric.

"Come 'ere ya'll" she beckons all of them. They oblige, chuckling and piling onto the duo.

Kat smiles relievedly, feeling the warmth of family complete.

▹▹▹

Kat comes out of her shower, tying up her hair and going to her cupboard when the door opens.

"Viv- oh, um, sorry" Stefan turns about as quickly as Kat and murmurs "John's here, with Isobel"

"What!" she screeches, almost slipping on the wet puddle created at her feet. John brought Isobel in!

"Why wou-"

"She has information about Klaus, be down fast, please" he vamps down.

Jenna must be freaking out. Alaric too. She puts on a dress and doesn't even bother with make-up as she speeds downstairs to the kitchen. Isobel stands against the granite platform, pale face and glossed-over eyes. Jenna sits in the living room on the couch, head in her hands and Alaric sits beside her with a tapping foot. John sits on the bar stool, sipping water and Stefan and Elena eye the vampire with as much distrust as they can muster.

"Since I was last here," Isobel starts without preamble, shocking Jenna and Ric "I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you..."