Stable Boy (Pt. 3)

~ August 2nd~
Harley POV

"Peter!" I shouted, slamming open his door.

I had to admit, it was rather humorous to see him fall into the floor.

"Ahh! Harley? What?" He didn't sound fully awake yet, his hair was all over the place. Why I noticed that, I couldn't tell you.

"A little birdie told me that yesterday was your birthday," I said in a sing-song voice.

"Damnit, Ned said he wouldn't tell anyone," Pete complained groggily, standing up.

"If it makes ya feel any better he tried to avoid tellin' me," I offer.

"So what I'm hearing is that I should be mad at you instead," Peter said, raising an eyebrow.

"Aww ya could never stay mad at me. Now  hurry up and get ready," I say, making a 'shoing' motion with my hand.

"Why? Need me to saddle a horse for you?" He sassed.

"Nah, we're going into town today. Also I know how to saddle my own horse," I scoffed.

"Then why do you make me do it!?"

"It's more fun that way," I felt myself smirk, "now come on,"

"There's no way I'm getting out of this is there?" Peter sighed out.

"Well...there is one way......" I trailed off, hoping he would take the bait.

"Really?" He asked sounding surprised.

"Nope," I could feel myself break out into a grin.

"Was that really nessasarry?" He pouted, he looked like I had just burned to book he really wanted to read.

"Yep, that's what you get for trying to hide this from me," I laughed lightly as he sighed in defeat.

"Alright I'll be out in a minute,"

~Time Skip~

"So why are we going into town? Why not just stay back and do something?"

Peter and I where about half way to the closest town, a semi-large town called Queens. I had been there many, many times. While it may not be the biggest town it's very diverse, selling lots of different, random things.

" 'Cause it's tradition. Each time a friends birthday rolls 'round, I take 'em into town and buy them somethin' that they want," I explained, though he still looked confused.

".....You are one confusing person Harley Keener," He chuckled, shanking his head.

"Oh? How so?" I asked, curiously.

"Well......," He paused for a minute, "When I first heard about you, well, I thought you where going to be another Flash. Using your nobility to your advantage. Call me shallow for thinking that way but it's the only way I've ever seen. But instead you treat people with respect and are a genuinely nice guy. It was just unexpected I suppose,"

I was silent for a moment, letting the compliment sink in.

"Do ya know how I met the old man?"

"Nope, no ones told me," Peter said, but he look intrigued.

"Well, it was during one of the northern raids, one king Fury ordered. He got ambushed, and badly hurt. His horse kinda crashed into my barn. Anyway, I just treated the old bastard like I would any other person. I didn't grovel, or ask for anything in return, just treated his wounds and offered him what I could. I guess he appreciated it? Said somethin' 'bout it makin' him feel normal. From that day on I chose to treat people the way that person deserves to be treated. Wether it's with respect or not has nothin' to do with social status,"