10

San felt numb. He felt empty. Even while digging a grave for (Y/n). He felt nothing.

"Hey San, I think that's enough."

He didn't even realize that he had dug so much. He carefully set (Y/n)'s body into the grave and stroked her cheek.

"Even like this, you look so peaceful."

He sat in front of the open grave.

"You always did tell me that you wanted to stay. I just didn't think you meant like this."

He picked up Pip's body and placed it in (Y/n)'s arms.

"Now you won't be alone. Make sure you keep her safe for me, Pip. Okay?"

He hesitantly began filling the grave. With each pile of dirt, he felt his chest ache. He had nothing. She was his everything.

"San?"

Yunho and Seonghwa walked up to San. He was just sitting silently in front of the grave.

"We found this in (Y/n)'s room."

They placed a piece of paper into his hands and left. He laid down beside the grave and stared at the sky. They gave him a letter.

Dear San,

If you're reading this, I'm most likely already dead. And most likely, I didn't get to tell you something I needed to tell you a long time ago. Choi San, I love you. I love you with all my heart. Despite our arguments and our stupid fights, I still chose to love you. Even when you threatened to kill me and leave me to die alone, I saw the good in you and fell in love with you. I'm going to miss you. I wish we met in a different life. In a different time. I wish I could have spent a lifetime with you. I wish I could have heard you tell me you love me. Even if you didn't tell me, I knew. I could feel it. I'm going to miss that the most. Your silent 'I love you's. I hope we meet again, San.

Love, (Y/n)

San threw the letter at the ground angrily. He was furious.

"Why didn't you just leave?! Why didn't you just go?!"

He sobbed into his hands. His blood-stained hands. Yunho pat his shoulder and smiled sympathetically.

"She wouldn't want you to cry."

"It's my fault she's gone."

"No, it isn't. She chose to stay. She wanted to stay. Even if there was a chance of her dying, she wanted to stay with you."

"She always told me how she wanted to stay here with us. I didn't think it would be like this."

Yunho sighed and helped San stand up.

"Let's go. You can help clean up her room."

San dragged himself to the room. It was a mess. He sat on the edge of the bed and sighed. Her clothes were still in her backpack. He shakily grabbed one of her blouses hanging from the dresser and hugged it to his chest.

She was the only thing that kept him warm.

He laid down on the bed and pulled the blanket on top of him. He buried himself in the fabric.

"San?"

"Go away, Yeosang."

Yeosang sighed and left. He shut the door behind him. San weeped bitterly. His tears wouldn't bring her back. She was gone. He never got to tell her how much he loved her. How much he loves her. He could feel the bed sink beside him.

"Yeosang, I said go awa-"

"It's not Yeosang."

A gentle, familiar voice echoed in his ears. He unwrapped himself from the blanket and his jaw dropped.

"(Y/n)..."

"My love."

San latched himself onto her. He sobbed into her shoulder. Her arms wrapped around him in a gentle hug.

"I don't have much time, San."

The girl smiled gently and stroked his back softly.

"I need to leave soon. I want you to come with me. All of you."

"I-i need to tell you something first."

San sat up and wiped away his tears. (Y/n) looked so refreshed. Like brand-new.

"(Y/n), I love you."

(Y/n) lips turned up into a smile.

"I love you, Choi San. I love you, too."

San felt (Y/n) wrap her arms around him. He hugged her back tightly. He never wanted to let go.

"Come with me. All of you, please."

(Y/n) pleaded with San. But they couldn't. They were all murderers. They had innocent blood on their hands. They couldn't go with (Y/n).

She knew this. She knew they couldn't come with her, but she pleaded anyways.

"Please. Please come with me."

"(Y/n), you know we can't. You know why we can't go with you."

"I can't leave without you..."

San felt warm tears hit his skin.

"I won't leave without you and the boys. I can't."

San cupped the girl's face into his hands and kissed her. His lips molded perfectly with hers. His last goodbye.

"Please don't let me go. Not without you."

"I wish we met in a different life, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) cried as San rubbed her back slowly.

"I love you, (L/n) (Y/n). I swear, I will find you again. I'll find you, and we'll be together again. I promise."

"San.."

Her hand stroked his cheek softly and he held it. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see (Y/n) leave.

"I love you, San."

"I love you, (Y/n).."

He kissed her fingertips. The warmth of her skin disappeared from his lips. He was alone again.

...

The boys looked around in confusion. Their pale skin was beginning to glow a faint yellow.

"Are we...Are we moving on?"

The boys stared at eachother in confusion. San walked to them and took Wooyoung's hand.

"It's time, that we go where we belong."

The boys looked at eachother, their eyes were filled with sadness. They were leaving eachother. Hongjoong held Seonghwa's hand tightly. Mingi grabbed Yeosang's shoulder. Yunho pat Jongho's shoulder softly.

"I hope that we will all be together again."

They exchanged somber smiles. Then they were gone. Hongjoong and Seonghwa never did get a happy ending. Yeosang and Mingi never apologized for always arguing with eachother. Jongho never thanked Yunho for always taking care of him. Wooyoung never took the time to say his goodbyes to everyone. San never told the boys how much they really meant to him.