Chapter Seven

Luca was sitting at his desk working on paperwork with Lauro sitting in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

"You did a background check on Angela, did you look further into her family? Her biological parents?" Luca asked Lauro without looking up.

"I did investigate further in order to provide you with more information. Sarah and Douglas Thomason. Sarah seemed like the standard housewife and Douglas was an senior associate at Alocer and Wilkes  Attorneys At Law." Luca stopped writing and looked up at Lauro.

"Say that again."

"Alocer and Wilkes Attorneys At Law. It is the crooked law firm that is in the pocket of the Russians."

"Thomason must've known, he was a senior associate. There is a possibility he didn't know. In the public eye, that law firm doesn't seem any different from all the others." Luca put down his pen and leaned back in his chair. "Was there any evidence that the car accident wasn't an accident?"

"No. Either it was actually an accident or Thomason found out about something that he shouldn't have while he was working there and the Russians took care of it. If it wasn't an accident, whoever orchestrated it, covered their tracks very well." Lauro said calmly.

"I want you to send that to Emiliano, I would like him to use his skills. What about the Kavanaughs?"

"Will do Boss. Delia and Trevor Kavanaugh, Delia was a trophy wife. She is the daughter of Alexander Townsend who is the CEO of Townsend Technologies, she grew up entitled and privileged and was arranged to marry Trevor Kavanaugh when she was expelled from New York University due to inappropriate affairs with a professor. Her father married her off to save his image. Since that expulsion, Delia did not pursue any further education as she was able to spend Kavanaugh's money. She was only able to have sons and opened her home to foster kids in hope of adopting a girl and-"

"That's where Angela came into the picture." Luca interrupted him.

"Yes, exactly. It was six months after the car accident that claimed her parents' lives. Angela was with the Kavanaughs for one year and then they adopted her and changed her name." Lauro stated.

"What about the sons?" Luca inquired getting out of his chair and stood up and looked out the window behind him.

"Silas is the youngest, he is twenty two and has a bachelor's in business. He graduated from New York University shortly before Angela was kidnapped. Travis is the middle brother and is twenty-four years old. He has a law degree from Stanford and was working on his master's in forensic science, he hasn't shown up to any of his lectures, but hasn't been dropped. I'll get Emiliano to find out more. Then there is the eldest, Alexis, who is twenty-six. He has a bachelor's in Applied Science majoring in criminal justice. He is a police officer with the forty-third precinct." Lauro flipped the page in his folder of papers.

"Is? Not was?" Luca turned around and furrowed his brows at Lauro.

"Yes, is. He still shows up to work, everyday."

"And the other two?" Luca crossed his arms and leaned against the window.

"Silas had received many job offers and he hasn't accepted any of them. While the youngest, he was going to succeed his father. Travis, while not attending lectures is still in good academic standing. I didn't look further, Emiliano said that he would get more than just the basic information on all of them." Lauro closed the folder and stood up.

"Alright, thanks Lauro. You may go." Luca dismissed him.

"Of course Boss, I'll see you later." Lauro walked to the door and opened and closed the door on his way out. While walking down the hallway, he saw Angela and waved at her.